Saturday, May 20, 2023

Blog 365 ~ Rainbow Run 5K race re-cap

 


I can't express how much FUN this event is! Race Director Ryan does an outstanding job getting things organized and in place.
He's the only RD that contacts me well in advance of the race asking if there's anything I need or want him to do. It's been a Blast working with him.

My friend Amy and her wife came and did the 5K this year compliments of Ryan.

Lot's of fun family's and groups...
                                 

                  

                                        


Beautiful Puppers...




Every year [3 now] they have a party atmosphere going on before, during and after the race, this year they had Kona Ice...

The Wolves Den BBQ...

And West Sixth Brewery...

My buddy Tony was there selling his 'Saturdaze' brand sun glasses that he has designed and started up this new company for himself .

Short Info regarding the race event...the race directly raised funds for the LEXINGTON PRIDE FESTIVAL coming in June and is presented by the Lexington Pride Center. The Lexington Pride Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization located in Lexington, KY, that strives to improve the quality of LGBTQIA+ individuals’ lives in Central and Eastern Kentucky.

All in all, even after being up since Butt:CrackEarly for RTB I'm glad to have been able to come be with all my friends, and to document their race accomplishments. Just over 12,000$ was raised and that didn't include %% of sales for vendors... 

Did I mention I even had a JUMPER...

You can view photos Here --> Rainbow Run 5K

And view race results Here ---> racerise.com

**********





 


 





 



No comments:

Post a Comment