Saturday, May 27, 2023

Blog 365 ~ Big Lex 4 miler Race Re-cap

After going to bed a Zero:Early:Thirty last night, [stupid sinuses] I'm up Early:ThirtyAM for this Race Day Saturday morning...then the hub's was too?? Have I mentioned he's Waaaay to Chipper in the morning??..He is and I am NOT, makes for a rough start and now with sinusitis 😬. And he wants me to take my blood pressure??? Umm, no. No thank you just go away and do your thing while I'm trying to drink this ☕coffee☕.  But I Love'em...

So now that that's over with, I'm eating half a biscuit with peanut butter 'cause I want to take more sinus meds and get ready to head to my race.

BIG LEX 4 MILER!!
4 years-in person- now but like every other race event still not at previous numbers 2019 there was 747 that crossed the finish line then Covid, 2020/0, 2021/348 [people were ready to get back out], 2022/279 & this year 2023/277. It's going to take time to get those numbers up, still I'm glad to be able to do the race photography with my team RaceRise. 

The race was a celebration of all things Lexington, officially kicking off summer in the Bluegrass. This unique 4 mile race course runs through the historic Keeneland grounds,with team competition, overall and age group awards, DJ, free race photos compliments of MOI - A Runners Mom and More & Abby of JA Laub photography 
I was excited to see Abby this morning, normally it's her hubby Jeff at race events.

Orange Theory started everyone off with pre-race stretches,

...Ready to start...

In addition to the signature 4 Miler, there also was a 1 Mile Fun Walk, Little LEX Kids' 1/4 Mile Fun Run/Walk,
Lead by Verne, and Virtual Runner/Walker opportunity. 

All the 'littles' in the kids race each one received a medal,
 

The course it's self is really neat and planned out well...

I'm able to stand in 1 spot to get the first turn,
then back up a few feet and get the runners as they're
coming down before they turn right. Then behind me..
I can always get a few shots as they continue the course....

While the spectators waited they could enjoy a 'free' cup of Berserker Brew Coffee
Based out of Louisville, we're seeing them more & more at race events..AND their coffee is engineered for ATHLETES!! 

Coffee not your thing?? First of all you are Not my people, #jusSayin but there was also
Highbridge Springs water truck for everyone to fill up water bottles and such.

My good buddy Steve, founder of Estepp's
provided all kinds of snack's and Gatorade for the runners.

These folks were BUSY doing stretch exercises for runners when they finished...
Stretch Lab  Awesome stuff!



And of course the awards were Again amazing from the folks from Visit Lex
Nice sun Visors for the age group winners,
and since I've worked with them in the past...like a Lot...I got one too!

They were also giving out sunglasses with the 'blue' horse emblem on the side...

I don't know of anyone that doesn't like free!!

And of course every race needs Music Motivation!!
DJ Stiltz turning & burning those tune tables !

The race charity beneficiary was Old Friends. Old Friends provides a dignified retirement to Thoroughbreds whose racing and breeding careers have come to an end.
By promoting these once celebrated horses through a campaign of education and tourism, their goal is to raise awareness of the importance of equine aftercare. A portion of entry fee and all donations goes to the charity.

There's my Saturday thus far...I need to do my miles virtually, probably tomorrow after church so I can proudly sport my race shirt,
Wear my visor and sunglasses.

View race photos Here ---> Big Lex 4 Miler

View race results Here ---> racerise.com


On the way out of Keeneland I HAD to stop and selfie with the trailer,
I've passed it a hundred times, well 8X in this past week. So today was the day!

**********
Off to a surprise B'day party for a Gal Pal....[Shhh] her daughter is planning it and said her mom hates 😉surprises. 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment