Saturday, May 20, 2023

Blog 365 ~ RTB Walk/Run ~ And work later....

 Where do I start??

How about it was a Butt:CrackEarlyAM start ! Geesh, 4am came so early...I hoped and prayed that I would be able to not only stay awake but also alert for everything I need to do today.

First was ☕ coffee ☕ and 1 to-go...I added a waffle with peanut butter [for the protein] got dressed and tried to figure out what exactly the weather was going to do. I went prepared, bringing a rain poncho, a slicker jacket [which was of no use] visor with clips, beach towel, and plastic bags for my phone/car FOB.

I arrived EARLY!!  And of course it started raining on the way there, I didn't want to walk in the muddy grass so getting there early was THE right thing to do....I parked 4 cars from the start line shoot...SCORE!!  Even though he wasn't up yet, I text the hub's letting him know I made it and set my alarm. I rested/dozed for 40'ish minutes, put on my rain gear then walked the 'short' way to the expo barn to see some other runner kids. MY Kid still wasn't here yet!? The field/parking area had filled up during my nap, so not entirely sure where she & her BRF were going to park.

This year's photo booth area for selfies and such was On POINT. Look how cute it is, everyone was talking about it.

All finishers receive medals regardless of your distance! I was thinking when I signed up for 2023 I would be trained enough for 7 miles 🤣.... All during working the expo, I kept telling myself you're Not trained for this, get over it, you can always drop down! [If I can make time to finish my Flying Pig re-caps you'll be able to understand more]

Still waiting on the Kid & BRF, I see some of my 'other' runners, I take a few photos for runners, and wait. 15 minutes before the race is about to start, Halfer's were getting ready as they are first to run in waves of 6, then I get a text from her letting me know they were stuck in traffic and trying to park had me chuckling...if Only she would leave earlier and just take a car nap 😏. In my mind I'm thinking 'hopefully' I'll see you before the race starts...I'm still undecided as to if I'll do 7 miles--knowing I can drop to 3.65 at the split. The Kid finally texted me to let me know they were in their 'wave' if I wanted to see them...Ummm😒 no, sorry I'm already in My spot...Hugs-Kisses-Be Safe Wishes!

Did I mention it 🌧 rained 🌧 , for the entire Race...#thankyouMotherNature

One of my runner girls has some issue with her hip 
but came out with her Big Hand to cheer on all the runners.
Yes, she got drenched! Yes, she Loves her runner friends!

The split came a lot sooner than I thought, that's what I get for not checking out the course ahead of time. But since it did and was feeling my 'oats' [LOL] I went left with all the other 7 milers...Best decision?? Not necessarily. But it was a decision. And I completed my first ever official 7 miler. Will I do it again, probably 🤣, will I be trained for it..? That's the plan!

And almost in the middle pack for my age group...

Not to awful shabby for no training.

**********

This was my Butt:CrackEarly morning, it's early afternoon and I'm cleaning up a bit since I'm also headed to 'work' a race this evening...will get re-cap on it later tonight....Much Later!!

**********























No comments:

Post a Comment