Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Blog 365 ~ Back Online ~ IWD

 Hip, Hip Hooray! I'm back online! Internet that is and Blogging.. A day or 2 was OK and I do understand there were more than just me without service, but when neighbors were getting online and we weren't, well that's a problem for me. The Storms last weekend [Friday thru Saturday early morning] cause quite the ruckus....over Half a MILLION in Central Ky were without power. I have several friends just 30 minutes away that still don't. I've asked all of them to 'come on'. You can shower, charge your phones, eat, whatever, I just didn't have internet capabilities until late yesterday. I will give credit to our provider Spectrum, the Hubby called about the possibility of reimbursement/adjustment to our bill & luckily they did! Normally when it's an 'Act of God' you don't, so we are grateful. 

**********

Due to the Storms my Lucky Leprechaun race event was postponed due to debris on the course...we've been working to get the race re-scheduled. Though that in its-self sucked, I was able to help the Hubs' take our friends to the airport for their trip... I think it was a God thing, and He knew I wanted/needed to see Gal Pal Margaret before they left. It also gave me the opportunity to get first-hand look/knowledge about taking care of Chester the dog,

 he wasn't sure how to act! Snowball on the other hand was ALL into seeing me, 
though distracted by birds in the yard

**********

Other stuff going on while there wasn't TV or Internet, I got all the laundry done and hung on the line [in basement], we were able to watch stuff we had DVR'd - it's odd that it played but at least the Hub's was a little happy. I finalized on a couple more race events, ['working' from phone sucked😳], I went for walks, and went to Silver Sneaker class.


**********

Last night I finally made it to the Hope Center and assist with the new ' A Running Start ' group...

I'm hopeful they all complete the class/program/training. My friend Liz has done a phenomenal job getting the program up and running [Pun intended😃] and also making it a 501c3. My RaceRise team has already committed to giving them a free race entry once their 12-14 wk program is done, around mid-June.

**********

Tomorrow I meet 'new' friends! Gal Pal Mac has been inviting me to join in for 'R'Jong...Mah Jong that's Not Serious but Fun.. I have No idea how to play, I've watched a couple other of my hiker friends play and it just seemed a bit too intense. I don't want to play a game that's so serious, so Mac started a small group of ladies that kinda know how to play, but they're not all Gung Ho Serious! BTW--Mac had me at 'there's going to be wine', LOL!

**********

March 8th... International Women's Day! 

May you be Blessed with Health,

Wealth of Family & Friends,

and much Success!

**********





2 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get your internet back! It's tough when it goes out and we depend on it for so many things. Hope you have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really surprised me how much I've come to depend on it.

    ReplyDelete