Friday, March 3, 2023

Blog 365 ~ More Cancellations... ~ March Winds

CANCELLATION #1

Last night I was going to go to Lexington to help start another walk/run group for A Running Start program through the Hope Center, BUT, I let them know I needed to be #nursewife instead and would see them next week. The Hubby's bandages from his hand surgery were to be removed, hand evaluated then redressed. I won't post pic's from the incisions [JIC], as I got my fingers slapped via FB social media for ''graphic content''. I will show you what the top looks like today...


What you don't see is the darker bruising in the palm of his hand. The pressure was taken off once I removed the bandages, he at least was able to rest a bit better though still not completely. Keeping it above heart level is proven to help but of course he doesn't do that...😠 Ok Fine!


CANCELLATION #2

Went to bed last night with 'high' wind advisory for today...


School closings were being shown across all the network channels, which is unusual unless it's ice/snow season. I though long & hard about whether or not I was going to my CWU [9am] meeting this morning, and finally decided to text my Gal Pal, give my apologies but didn't want to take a chance. [I feel like I'm getting wiser with my older years, LOL] I went ahead and got up early, made breakfast for the Hubby, No Rain & No Wind BTW...😒... sent the Hub's to his meeting and waited. At 8:30am still No Rain & No Wind... I started some laundry, made the bed, swept the floors [yeah if it was gonna storm at least the house would be clean] then headed into my office.

Much, MUCH later it finally started in... and it's the weird weather pattern that concerns me the most, at one point it was raining,
 then all of a sudden this....

What is the Old Saying?? 'In like a Lion--Out Like A Lamb' well we're getting a 🦁 now! 


Unfortunately, local weather is already calling for more of the same stuff for tomorrow...

 I'm just hoping it's nice during the 
Lucky Leprechaun Half-10K-5K in the morning....🤞...






 

No comments:

Post a Comment