Sunday, March 12, 2023

Blog 365 ~ Will Run For Chocolate 3K Re-Cap ~ Springing Forward

 Springing Forward today and losing a hour didn't bother me like it has most people [including the hubby]


Will we ever have a permanent change of time?? Well apparently, it's what everyone is all in favor, but like most everything else, we'll be waiting on the Government to decide....I read the paper, had my coffee and did my daily household chores. 

**********

The hubby made us his famous oatmeal breakfast, he [of course] felt like he was behind since he was losing a hour starting first thing this morning...😒Annnd So It begins with him today. I sent him off to church. I didn't go today due to a race this afternoon and I needed to feed the Gal Pal's pets. Dag'gum Chester was across the road again with the Cows🐮, his shock collar is apparently just for show..!.. #jusSayin

**********
From there I headed on over to nearby Nicholasville for the afternoon race event.  
I wasn't able to be at this one last year due to conflicts. I'm glad I was able to go and see a bunch of my Lexington/Nicholasville runners. 
My 'other' partner Verne was there with his G'daughter and she wanted to run and be on my team...
 she is the Cutest little thing ever! She told me all about riding on her daddy's float in the parade last night...and it was the 'beer' float, 😃. Explaing how big it was, and how she did the 👸'Princess' Wave at everyone, and that there was beer caps all over the float...😂 I asked her 'OMG do you like Beer??' The perfect reply was 'No, I like Sprite' - She's a corker for sure ! She ran the kids race along 2 other kids,



The kids received Star shape chocolate and a little trophy. Did I mention they were So..Stinking..Cute!!

**********
Ok just a bit about the race its-self...

The 2nd Annual Will Run For Chocolate 3K was today at 2pm at Riney B. Park in Nicholasville. I took time to get in a walk around the park area before starting photography duties...

just a quick half mile to loosen up and get acclimated to the colder temps
for today..it's 34* and cloudy right now. And of course being in Ky it temps are up & down this week, just-like-normal!
The race benefitted East Jessamine Track/Cross Country Boosters. I expected more of the team to show up but at least these two did...

You can view race photos here---. Will Run for Chocolate 3K
Race Results are here ---. racerise.com
**********

Time to do another load of laundry, hang some on the downstairs line and relax a bit. I have a incredibly busy week ahead!

**********



No comments:

Post a Comment