Friday, March 10, 2023

Blog 365 ~ Friends on Friday

 Wowzer's that earlier 6:30am alarm was quite Rude this morning....

but I told my old & 'new' friends from yesterdays 'R'Jong that I would meet them for coffee and bring the hubby so he could meet their hubby's and maybe make a connection with them since we're ALL going to start being in social settings this year. One thing I noticed/realized during the whole Covid debacle was just how much I wanted to have more social interactions with others closer to my own age. Don't get me wrong, I Love my kids, I Love all my runner kids, but they have their own social network that doesn't involve me. And That's OK Too. I talked it over with the hub's and he's agreed to go along with as many of my shenanigan's, be more social, get out of his comfort zone. So we started with today meeting at a local coffee shop...forgetful me didn't get a picture of us, maybe next week...

**********

From the coffee shop I went out and fed Chester & Snowball. Chester' been better about being at the end of the driveway waiting for me. He finally ate all his food! I was starting to get a bit worried..😧

**********

Came home, did the daily household chores and got ready for the DAR luncheon. 


 Dressed up a bit...

I participated in everything I was allowed too since I am not a member. A older church member had asked me about joining, she's done a lot of research into my family but has come up short. I really didn't thing there was much chance since my Dad was Canadian and my mothers side is sporadic at best, and I won't contact any of my remaining family for information. I will give her credit trying to convince me to 'go through' my Ex's side [because of having my daughter I could qualify] --- She found all kinds of connections there I as politely as possible told Hell-to-the-No!

She wasn't amused...

***********

Home again, this time for the rest of the day! Temps are getting colder, the wind is picking up, and I need to get ready for tomorrows race. I was pleased to see both of my weekend events in the 'Social' things to do section of the morning paper...

Catch the Leprechaun 5K at Berea Saturday & Will Run for Chocolate 3K Sunday afternoon!

**********

A quick FB scroll and this memory popped up...


I can only imagine what the cats would do to all those photos...😲 right now the cabinet is cluttered with junk, it's on the list!

Let's end for the evening and hope everyone is Safe and Sound.






 



1 comment: