Sunday, March 26, 2023

Blog 365 ~ Race[s] Re-Cap

 

As I mentioned on last night's post I 'Bandit' photographed a race prior to the one my team RaceRise hosts.... I can't leave well enough alone, I just don't have it in Me!! And because I hope runners know what was going on, on 'our' side of the course I posted this on my social media.....


View photos Here---> Bandit Photography

**********

Now onto the Looong Day of race photography...First of all the Wind...Was...Brutal !! I felt sorry for the runners. But once they all got settled in camp style spots around the start/finish line area, they got their bibs & shirts we were ready to get rolling! 


 Numbers were down somewhat this year not exactly sure why, thinking a Brainstorm session needs to happen soon. 


Bob got the first wave of runners going, only 13 signed up for the Solo 26.2 Marathon, the rest were relay teams of 4-8.... and we had a few Jumpers...

      

    

I was Thrilled to see so many of my regular runners kids and it fills my heart everytime they want a selfie with 'ol RunMom... 
     

Of course though I try and do my thang all during the race, dancing, giving high fives, encouraging words as they pass me or when they're finished, the ⭐STAR⭐ of the show was Maisie ! Kim's Boston Terrier 
 she got a medal just for being So..Stinking...CUTE!! Almost makes me want one...almost 😏. But when you have cats that DooDo bigger than she is, well you should get the picture...

As I mentioned the Wind was Brutal....Look at the Kid's hair.
I'm glad she wore glasses to cover her eyes...

Her team name was Danville's Finest and was the Ponies division Winner...


[L-R] Robin, Shana, Bobbie aka the Kid & Lori

Everyone that finished got a medal & gloves, all the winning teams received a Quarter Horse water bottle along with medals & gloves.


Again, a Very...Looong...Windy...Day! Bob sent me home after 6hrs of doing the best job I could do taking photos, being the RunMom for all who needed me or wanted me.

My apologies to Nicholas Chandler #546 I wasn't there when you finished - I did however get you several times before!


1600+ photos later I decided to make 2 links for sharing....of course they are always FREE to download, and hopefully they will Like - Follow - Share my FB page.

Photos can be viewed HERE---> Set #1  and HERE---> Set #2 

**********










1 comment:

  1. You sound busy over there. Great photos, I'm sure all the runners really appreciate you taking time to capture their races. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete