Saturday, March 11, 2023

Blog 365 ~ Catch The Leprechaun 5K Race Re-cap

Happy Saturday! 

5am wake up call to start my Saturday 'cause it's RACE DAY! Thinking I would have a quiet morning with a hot cup of ⛾ coffee...didn't happen[sigh]. The hubs decided to go ahead and get up....then the talking to the cats begins [sigh], then the little darlings are running around under foot so they can get fed their 'special' canned food for the day..[sigh].. I Love'em! I truly Love'em all, but guessing I need to do better at being a morning person [SIGH]. Checked the weather, not as cold as it was supposed to be but taking extra layers with me JIC. Changed hubby bandages, grabbed my stuff and headed out. The race was about 45 minutes away but left early enough to enjoy my to-go coffee and the peaceful drive was Glorious! I know, I know...I'll start working on the morning person thing... 


I got there in plenty of time to get my race package stuff [I'll be doing my 5K virtually] sat in the car and worked a few emails/texts and such, and did a bit of people/runner watching. At first I was wondering where everyone was?? It was about 40min before the race started and not many were there, I even text the hubs thinking I would be home earlier than I expected...all of a sudden EVERYONE started filling up the parking lot. I did do a sigh of relief! I was so hoping the race would do well...and It Did!

**********

The 2nd Annual Catch The Leprechaun 5K was held today at the Berea Community High School.



The race also included a "Catch The Leprechaun Challenge" - If you can catch and beat the Running Leprechaun, you were eligible to win prizes from his "Pot of Gold". FYI- 5 runners beat the Leprechaun [KC Jones]...


The course route had a common start/finish and an "out and back" through the park and onto a portion of the Berea City Trail.

2 hydration stations along the way were available for todays 5K. 

Even though it's cooler temps out, it's still important to stay as hydrated as possible.

The Berea Chamber of Commerce was the beneficiary with 100% of race proceeds and donations going back into improving community.**from their website** Berea Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit, membership driven organization with a rich heritage and has served as a catalyst for community and economic development in Berea and Madison County for nearly six decades. Founded in 1950 by leaders of Berea’s business community, the Berea Chamber of Commerce, as most fledgling organizations, operated for approximately three decades as a group of community minded volunteers that worked to promote the area, strengthen existing businesses, and create new jobs. More recently, the Chamber has experienced tremendous growth in membership, hired a full-time director and support staff and is now focused on addressing the many challenges associated with being in one of the fastest growing counties in Kentucky. As the voice of Berea’s business community, we have strength in numbers and are able to speak to the unique needs of business and industry on the local, state and national levels.

Berea Chamber of Commerce Mission Statement:
The mission of the Berea Chamber of Commerce is, with integrity, to promote prosperity and enhance the quality of life in Berea and greater Madison County, Kentucky by:

Supporting the success and growth of current businesses
Encouraging and seeking new business development
Enhancing communications and collaboration
Promoting Berea as a place to live, work and explore.

We look to the future with great hope for our community and are actively seeking opportunities to partner with other organizations having similar goals. At the same time, we are very much aware of the ever changing global economy, realizing that change is inevitable.

**********

I'm pleased with the turn out and look forward to coming back to Berea for the Spoonbread Festival 5K later this year....in the meantime view photos from today's race Here--->Catch the Leprechaun 5K and view results Here--->racerise.com

**********

Lot's of stuff happening this year for me regarding running & races so stay tuned! I'm working with yet  another 'partner' of sorts, to get my community to get back to where we should be along with getting us On The Map with events & also with my local Wellness Center for an upcoming Get Moving event.

**********




No comments:

Post a Comment