Thursday, March 23, 2023

Blog 365 ~ What am [was] I Thinking??

 2022 Flying Pig event....Not quite sure What in the World I was thinking last year ?!? All I know is I [apparently] got caught up in the moment after my runner girls finished their race last year and decided I was going to tackle my first Half Marathon at Flying Pig..🐷.. WTH am I Thinking?? I've participated in the 1 mile and 5K...but signed up to include the Half Marathon for this year!! 


See this crazy look on the PIG above?? Yeah, that's going to be me!
Or most likely this ...


Sooo, have I been training for this ?? 😬Ummm, NO! And the race is a little over a month from now..... Craaap! [sigh] So I did finally go out for a 'walk' to enjoy some of the unexpected great weather & temps, deciding OK let's go for a long one and see how we do....about 3miles in I got thinking to myself 'this is Stupid! and Why did I sign up for this?' and then I see this....


That's the sign I needed today....

With that I took a couple of my Honey Stinger Chews and continued on. Deciding to do a 'longer' walk on a whim is not something I would suggest anyone do. I texted the kid and told her the rest of our little 'girl gang' that's going can go take showers and come back for me 😄and I'm ok with wiping off in the car coming home, 'cause I'll probably be about 5hrs to my finish...verses their 2.5!  I did stop a few times and stopped my watch while getting a drink, to answer a text and when I stopped at the park bathroom....


there's no stopping the watch during the race, I have 43 days to get my 💩 Craaap💩 together. Get my ARSE in gear and get some miles logged. But for today I have 6.3 complete!


Thank goodness I started dinner in the crockpot this morning, I'm showered and going to relax for a while, Line Dancing with the gang tonight....[geesh I'm a glutton for punishment!]





PS: I still have 2 blog post to do for Monday & Tuesday 😵



2 comments:

  1. I bet you do great in your race! Interesting about the pennies, I'd always heard finding one face down was bad luck and you had to give it away to turn the luck around. Your explanation is a lot more soothing, like it much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People always give me a look when I pick up a 'down' penny...I tell'em 99 more and I have a dollar. LOL

    ReplyDelete