Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Blog 365 ~ Pet Care ~ Lawn Care

 Yesterday morning I took our 3 oldest PurrBoys to get their teeth cleaned. 

I borrowed my daughters carriers because trying to carry all of them together would have been a Back Breaker! 
Now a couple of my friends were surprised we were doing such a thing?? Well all I know after seeing a social media post regarding a cat that developed a lot of health issues from his teeth I wanted to do what I could for the older boys. Dr. Tyler sent me a pic of Roadie' back teeth and I was Shocked! To me it looked like he had broken it off. Apparently though cats back teeth are shaped different and what I was looking at was years of tarter build up. He deep cleaned all 3 of them and we were able to pick them up late afternoon. Dr. Tyler told us that they would be 'groggy' most of the night and he said PunkN since he was the biggest of the 3 would probably take longer to 'come around'.

(PunkN camped out under the dresser last night)

Dr. Tyler also INFORMED me that PunkN needed to be on special diet food! Well, that's gonna be a bit difficult as we have him plus 5 more to deal with. Yes he's a BIG boy weighing in at 19#, Goober weighs 15#, our 'old man' of the group is 8.5#....not sure what the others weigh. Both PunkN & Goober are not totally back to 'their' normal activities...

 and have been sleeping/resting together a lot-something they don't normally do. All I know is, I'm glad we got them taken care of and even though it was expensive (302$) it was worth every penny to have them with a healthier mouth, which will continue to help with their overall well being. As far as the 💰money💰 we spent, I do a 'sinking funds envelope' system and had the cash on hand to pay for the vet bill.

**********

I started working on the HUGE pile of mulch sitting on my porch....Managed to Clean--Preen--and spread Red Mulch all along the front & side areas of the house.


Monday's project in between getting household chores done and attending a Hospitality Training meeting and dealing with the PurrBoys.


**********

For today after household chores, I tackled some of the mess in my home office. It could have qualified for the show 'Hoarders:Buried Alive'😝 but I managed to make a BIG dent in it and now it only qualifies for the show 'Hoarders'😄, LOL!
Afterward I went to a meeting regarding getting sponsorship $$ for an upcoming race event, ANNND get them on board to be the host location for a Half-Marathon in my town!  🤞I'm so hopeful, and really do🤞think they will let us use 🤞their parking lot for the event and as Start/Finish line area. I've been trying for multiple years to get a longer distance race event in my community. I'm determined and going to get us back to where we used to be regarding race events & road athlete activities. Back home again and the hubby and I had appointment to finish up escrow loan at his bank... oy vey! Talk about a Looong Draaawn out process! His bank can't make major loan decisions like this since their ''Home Office" is in Pittsburgh. I was ready to take it to my bank. They're local AND make decisions On..The..Spot! Oh well, it's done, finally and we can continue on. 

**********

Once home, I got started again on getting the flower beds cleaned--preened--and mulch laid..

                

I make another BIG DENT in this PILE...


I know it's still early in the season to do a bunch of gardening stuff, I can at least get mulch laid and be done with that portion of outside projects. I've turned the soil in my raised bed mixing in table scraps from winter months. 

**********

That's it for this Tuesday! I've got lot's still on my to-do list and will be back at it early in the morning! 



PS--I've been invited to join Kiwanis!?! Not sure what they are or do but 😉maybe ??









No comments:

Post a Comment