Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Blog 365 ~ Camp Nelson Nat'l Monument Hike

 



33 of us showed up for today's Tuesday hike adventure. It's been a few weeks since I've went with my Casey County Explorer's group, but so glad I did!

Camp Nelson National Monument is quite the area to see and hike, read about it ---> HERE and
---> HERE if you're in my area tag me and we'll go Hiking! I do plan on going back this summer to do a bit more exploring...there's the Oliver Perry House [currently in renovations], reconstructed Army Barricks, Hall Community, National Cemetery, and of course Walking Trails! They're closed Mondays and Tuesdays which is why we weren't able to check out more..  Sharing a few photos from today.



one of the many overlooks!


 I was drawn to this Tree, Honestly, I heard it calling my name....so of course  yes, I got in her.


525 acres at this point, more acreage in the overall plan with more trails. 

Kentucky River from one of the overlooks, 

 In my happy Place !



Hope Everyone has had an AMAZING Day ! I know I have....















No comments:

Post a Comment