Sunday, February 26, 2023

Blog 365 ~ Race Re-cap ~ Set-up Sunday

 

 Jason on left- Bob on right

My RaceRise team had the honor of timing the first Annual Black History Month 5K in my hometown of Danville... I'm so proud of Jason and his siblings for such a well-organized first-time race event. As a bit of back story, I seen Jason at a race I was doing photos for and introduced myself. I discovered through our conversation that he was from Danville as well. One thing led to another, and seen him at other events.  Long story short we friended each other on FB and talked at every race event we were at... One particular race he signed up for, my discount code [RUNMOM10] didn't set and he paid full price to run...Well that's just not acceptable to me. So, I contacted my team, and not only did we refund his money, we also gave him another race entry to any race event he wanted..the rest as they say is history. 

Here's what the RunSignUp page featured about the event...

February marks a special month for Black communities around the world - it is Black History Month! As part of acknowledging and celebrating black history. Danville, Kentucky is hosting the first-ever Black History Month 5K & 1 Mile Fun Walk, organized by the Weathers Family Foundation! What better way to commemorate significant contributions throughout American history, by Black Americans, than by joining together in support of the cultural celebration?

This race is open to ALL races, ethnicities, and age-groups. This will be a great opportunity for participants to set and reach their fitness goals – whether it's to run the entire distance or just get out there and enjoy the walk – while also engaging with black history in a very personal way. Whether you choose to take the 5K challenge or opt for the 1 mile walk, taking part in this Black History Month celebration is sure to be an inspiring experience!

RACE FEATURES: Closed course on paved trails at scenic Millennium Park
Commemorative race T-shirts (while supplies last)
5K run/walk or 1 Mile (untimed) fun walk options
Free race photos [My contribution]
Awards for Top 3 M/F Overall finishers
Post race music, food/drink and fellowship

Proceeds from this historic event will go to the local Salvation Army Chapter. Through the incredible leadership of Lieutenants Cornelieus and Noldine Walton,
1000.00 for this first year!

Jason and his family are amazing people, and I'm so glad we've not only crossed paths but have become very good friends... [brother] Larry posted on his social media FB page that I was part of the family now!! 

Race Photos can be viewed HERE...Black History Month 5K

Race Results Here... RaceRise

**********

Here's proof I do own and wear clothes other than workout & lounge clothes,


Church today was at First Baptist [my bible study church]... sermons from Dr Briscoe are hitting really close to home/me. My spiritual struggles with deciding on whether to stay at FCC are becoming clearer, and once I have finished with several commitments, I'll probably which. 🙏 appreciated.

**********
  Wednesday is March!!! As I have lot's to do and schedule is tight, and a more intense walk/run training begins..😬..I'm signing off for now and going for a 2 mile walk around town.... Hoping everyone has an Amazing rest of the day and are Blessed.

**********

Arizona Trip Posts coming with Bullet points.









No comments:

Post a Comment