Saturday, February 11, 2023

Blog 365 ~ Last ''sleep in'' Saturday

 

My last sleeping in Saturday!!

My back is feeling better to the point I'm not going to sit around with a heating pad wrapped around me [ain't nobody got time for that anyway!]

**********
Started the morning with the alarm going off at 7am...
a couple of snooze buttons later, LOL, I'm up drinking that first sip of Oh. So. Good 
....attempting to wake up all the while listening to the hub's downstairs on the treadmill [he's singing], and watching the 6 purr-balls zoom zoom through my room rooms! No morning paper on Saturdays but saved some reading material while drinking my first cup, took my vitamins, then got some motivation to get dressed, get the bed made, straighten up the living room from 6 zoom zoom purr-balls, ate a bowl of cereal then head to Lexington for Frosty Feet packet pick up.
 

Frosty Feet was a winter challenge for those interested and signed up to stay 'moving' during the colder months. I had a team of 43 this year!

We as a team have done a Very good job...
 Each person had the choice between a long sleeve fleece lined shirt or a beanie....Shirt for me!
 We all got RaceRise gloves and those of us that did our 'miles' early received a DV8 mug....


Packet pick-up was at a DV8 location downtown.

I love supporting DV8 and their program. All of the employees are people who have past addictions and have gone through programs to better themselves and stay on the straight and narrow, giving everyone a second chance.
[ DV8 Mission & Vision = Believe in providing employment at DV8 Kitchen that can lead to a lifetime ability to gain and maintain employment and deviate from their past lifestyle. ] 

It's cool to see how everyone suports the program there and leaving various painted rocks...




We ordered food to-go, picked up 16 packets for my local team members and headed home for the next to-do list item.

**********
15% at Ollie's was a must! The hubs was needing another padfolio since he's now representing the CVB at city functions.... [LOL he's dubbed us the new Power Couple of Danville]. Unfortunately, they didn't have one, but we were able to get a few snacks for him while I'm in Arizona...4 more days...
Home to eat and get catch our breath before onto next project. I separated out shirts, delivered those close to me and came back home, Whew! 

**********

As I said in the title today was my last 'sleeping' in Saturday. I already anticipate regular early mornings during vacation, [ I'll need a vacation FROM vacation! ] We have so much planned to do and I'm planning on doing all of it! I can't wait to be able to see Mac, she's such an amazing friend! And I can't believe how much we're alike!

**********

Once I'm home it's Full Throttle! I have appointments scheduled, the hubs have Dr appointments that I need to also be at and then
Black History Month 5K on Saturday the 25th. I'm Honored to be a small part of this race. Jason & Larry Weathers have done a great job organizing. Expect race re-cap on the 25th.

**********
Time to get dinner going and work on next week's plan....







No comments:

Post a Comment