Thursday, February 2, 2023

Blog 365 ~ Ground Hog Day !

Good old Punxsutawney Phil said there's 6 more weeks of Winter.....

General Beauregard Lee predicts an Early Spring... 

Which critter is Right?? Not sure, but I do know that since moving to Ky [several years ago] I've learned NOT to pack away seasonal clothing.
Always keep something cooler/warmer handy for Just. In. Case.


**********
After breakfast & household chores, the Hubby and I went this morning and purchased 'Food Bank' items for the Salvation Army program through our Church. We had until the end of the month, but wanted to get it out of the way. Then headed to Walmart for our regular items we were out of. What A MESS ! The store is moving everything around, changing shelves, employees trying to stock, all with the personal shoppers trying to fill orders... they didn't know where stuff was either, LOL! The days of going in ''quickly'' to pick up a forgotten item won't be happening anytime soon. At least they can't change/move the milk & frozen food coolers??😒?? or can they....! I plan on food $ budget update once I go to Kroger Saturday.

**********
Though my FCC Bible Study group met this morning, I opted not to go. We finished our 7 weeks of programing last Thursday, our 'instructor' was going to do some kind of 1 day-1 hour study, but.0 I knew I wanted and needed to start my walk/run training. Yesterday was 2 miles at the local park, with continuous walking/steps. No stopping for traffic lights or crossing any streets. I NEED to get in the habit of continuous since the racecourses are such. Was I happy with my time?? I was happy to go and do it...better times will come later [maybe much later] and I'm ok with that.


Today was 3 miles and I managed to keep my same pace. I'll take it. I layered up as the weather here is a brisk high 20's--low 30's. Yes, I did end up warm, but that's ok to.

**********
Once home, I showered off fixed half a sandwich for us and a few chips then started this post. I have dinner pre-planned - leftover baked chicken and leftover green beans w/queso - fixing Manwich tonight for tomorrow.
We have a coffee Meet & Greet with my friend Amanda Bledsoe who's running for State Senate and my friend/lawyer Daniel Elliott, he serves on the Economic Development and Workforce Investment, Families and Children, Transportation Committee and recent appointment as the new Chair of the Judiciary Committee. I've been involved/helped with Daniel' campaigning from the beginning of his career. And he's also a fellow runner! Afterwards I'm attending the monthly Lunch & Learn at our extension office, meeting with a director after class regarding an opportunity to get involved [maybe], then will head to park for another 2 miles before coming home.... which is why Manwich will be made tonight, LOL !

**********





2 comments:

  1. Six more weeks of winter on the calendar either way. Oh, it is so frustrating when stores move things around on us. Hope you have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well here in Ohio Buckeye Chuck also predicted 6 more weeks of winter, but who knows. Lol I HATE when stores move things around. It is so aggravating. Sounds like you have a busy day tomorrow so good for you planning dinner for tomorrow already.

    ReplyDelete