Monday, July 3, 2023

Blog 365 ~ Happy Homemaker Monday 7-3-23

 

Linking up with Sandra for Happy Homemaker Monday
I'm still in catch-up mode with blogging and will get there 😏eventually😏. Storms are wreaking havoc on internet & phone connections, and I get so frustrated that I just stop and go onto something else....But while I have a 'connection' this get to HHM categories.

** The Weather **
Last night's round of storms was no Joke, tornado's were sighted less than 10 miles from here, we are more fortunate than others I know. 

** As I look outside my window **
The partly cloudy day today is on the back side of my house while it's bright & sunny in the front...What's up with that??

 ** Right now I am **
Getting this post done before heading to Silver Sneakers, I also need to drop hubby's phone off to him and deliver race bibs to packet pick-up store.

** Thinking and pondering **
If my grass will dry out so I can mow this week--it's the little things people.

** What I'm reading **
19 Yellow Moon Road by Fern Michaels [pleasure reading & part of the 'Sisterhood series]
Devotional [spiritual every morning]
Atomic Habits [self-improvement still plugging along 😜]

** TV Shows this week **
More from the DVR'd list, my guilty pleasure channel Bravo, Murder She Wrote marathon [I love Angela].

** Menu Plan **
Of my  18 meal/menu list there are many options to carry over this week and in no particular order, meals determined by daily schedule...
Frozen Pkg Meal, Veggie Egg Rolls w/salad, Loaded Baked Potato, Shrimp Alfredo, Gilled Chicken Breast--making extra for Grilled Chicken Salads, Pizza [Sat meal], Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers, Open Faced Burgers, Hot Dogs [3X], Salmon, Baked Sweet Potato, Quesadillas, Pork Loin, Eggplant Parmigiana, Fried Chicken w/ mashed potatoes & fried corn, Extra Large Meatballs[w/salad last night] tonight will be w/Marinara sauce & penne noodles, Pot Pies,
not listed but dinner one night=there was a pkg of discounted Portobello Mushrooms [marked down to .50 that was calling my name so sautéed them and added to pkg of Knorr Mushroom Stroganoff noodles.
hubby gave 👍👍 for Meatball meal


** Goal/To Do List **
Laundry ✔
🥾Hike Tuesday🥾
🀢'R'Jong🀣with🀤the Tribe🀥

** Around The House **
6 indoor 🐱cats means sweeping everyday, lately it's been a couple times a day,
all other basic chores include making the bed [even before ☕], bathroom wipe down, and kitchen.

** Project this Week **
I have 2 race events this week, one tomorrow and one Saturday morning,
Blog 365 catch-up,
Weed back yard flower beds [2 of them],

** Todays Motivation **
I posted HERE about  ** July starts ''No Un-Necessary Spending'' Challenge, my goal is 23 days, 3 down 20 to go. I did the 18'ish day menu and lucky for me he doesn't mind leftovers. That in itself is a budget win.

I've set up automatic bill payments for the CC & Savings. Budget for groceries is set w/100$ cash leftover for fresh fruit/veggies - gas monthly budget is set [150$] but may need adjusted for some longer distance race events, and day travel destinations/hiking.

** Favorite blog post last week (mine or other) **
😧sadly I haven't read anyone yet since returning from vaca....Tablet is charging now so I can do some blog reading during commercials...
 
** Something fun to share **
Seeing the KyBeef newsletter that comes out this week, I'm the featured athlete.
I also discovered I'm the 'FB cover' for my RaceRise team page.

I acquired a 'new runner girl' from the Independence day 5K
Meet Jayla Scott
Her first 5K and got 3rd in her age group!! My girls Keyla & Angela introduced me as the 'RunMom' Jayla said she needed a RunMom....the rest will be history in the making.

My Wonderful, Amazing SIL birthday was July 1st,
G'Man and the Kid have been together 30years!!
[Loong story, but I feel like I finished raising him too]

** Looking forward to this week **
The new race event tomorrow night...
The race is at dusk with runners finishing under the fireworks. I'm not totally sure about my photography skills but will be the best I can.

** From the camera **

** On my prayer list **
MJ's hubby is getting relocated to a more permanent facility this week in Dayton, Oh. I've discussed with the hubby about making the 3 hour trek with her a couple times a month so she's not going by herself--I'm going to see if the rest of the Tribe would/could also be available as well,
My SIL came through breast surgery with only a lumpectomy...Praise Jesus.

** Quote for the Day **
''The More we practice Virtues, the more Virtuous our lives may become.''

That's it for now, off to the gym then 'R'-Jong with the Tribe! Have a Great Day and be safe.





No comments:

Post a Comment