Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Blog 365 ~ Happy 4th

 

Happy July 4th!! Hope everyone has a Very SAFE Holiday. For me I got up early and went Hiking, Finally!!
27 of the Casey County Explorer's gathered together and met at fellow hiker Barb Jefferies home/property.

I'm not sure how many acres they have, but I do know the property 'butts' up to her sister Connie' property as well, 

Barb said this little stream hardly ever is dry...

That's Connie pointing her hiking pole, she was giving directions for those that didn't want to hike very far/long.

Butterflies were everywhere....and quick little buggers!

I opted not to hike very far today since I have a 'Twilight' Run 5K to work later tonight. I thoroughly enjoyed conversation & catching up with everyone.  
If you wanted, you could cool off in the stream....I was wishing I had my clogs with me.

Flower centerpieces were from Barb' garden....

He was Cute!!

We had placed an order for Pizza & the ladies provided beverages & watermelon. Here everyone was giving ideas for future hikes.

Huge Thanks to my GalPal friend Linda for letting me tag along today. I hope to do more hikes, but it will depend on schedules [mine] and weather. Hot & Humid is hard to dress for....give me Late Fall/Winter hiking anytime. 

**********
Back home to clean up a bit & rest, then the hubby is going to drop me off at the park for tonight's race event..I'm nervous & excited at the same time. This is a Inaugural Twilight Run event and one of the Apex Promoz Series events. 🤞   

**********
Check...Out...The...SWAG!!
And for this event I've donated these...
Hoping the runners like the bit of 'extra' swag....

**********








No comments:

Post a Comment