Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Blog 365 ~ Worship & Working Wednesday ~ Race Re-cap

The Inaugural 'Old Glory Twilight Run' last night was something very different for me.... As an Ambassador for Apex Promoz, John asked if there was any way I could help find volunteers for the event. Why YES, yes I Can...
L-R Morgan, Cassie, Laura & Mac. Not pictured is my buddy Roy for whatever reason he was walking the course?? And mentioned he was having a thought of jumping in the race once runners went past his water station....[he was kidding of course🤔]

Having a NEW race event is always difficult and sometimes a crap-shoot! As a representative of Apex I'm done a Lot of promotion/advertising. A couple weeks ago I was a bit worried due to the ⮯Low number of entries...first time skeptic, and not optimistic 😧 something I normally am! I'm Happy to report we did in fact have 'decent' numbers for registrations, though only 66 showed up to compete...and that's ok too.

Smooth Packet pick-up ! I love a Smooth Packet pick-up...
everything was bagged and ready.

Cody Johnson with his family before the race started
He owns Mason Brothers Footwear and is a regular sponsor for this years Apex series events. And for this race there's a chance for 1 man & woman to win a FREE pair of shoes--WOWZA!!

Thanks to  Linda Word
of Forword Pacing there were no questions about where to go on the route....

Prepping for finishers with the Best Volunteers Ever!


Hot--Sweaty--Humid
Everyone was having a Great time!


My runner girl Vicky [below] came only to help support ME!
She had already ran in a 10K earlier - so she logged 9.3 running miles for the day.

Max Germann was a Boyle County Track member
He's now graduated. My G'Dude was on the track team with him too.

Father/Son that Runs together...
Has Fun Together!!




 View Photos Here---> SmugMug

View Results Here---> RaceRise

No comments:

Post a Comment