Sunday, January 1, 2023

Frozen Rails Re-Cap ~ Happy New Year & Happy Anniversary

 


I decided my Word for the 2023 Year a few weeks ago, read about it Here....  
Last New Year's Day Post is Here...

This is a list from that day with updates....[it ain't pretty😞] 
I will Try to.....
  • be more healthy - I think I am πŸ‘Œ
  • be better at saving $ - Fair amt saved, didn't charge much for Christmas
  • continue learning the word of Jesus our Lord and Savior - YES! Bible Studies at both Churches πŸ‘
  • be more active - Attempt made
  • lose the Covid weight - LOL, No gained a bit more πŸ‘Ž
  • reach Goals with walk/running [striving for 16 walking PPM] - a Big NO !
  • complete challenges, [fitness, no spend, clean sink] - Almost...
  • get home projects done, [re-paint, re-do both bathrooms, new bedroom carpet] - Re-paint πŸ‘, 1 bathroom new sink & commode πŸ‘, no new Carpet 
  • be a better Friend - πŸ‘
  • a better Wife - πŸ‘
  • a good role model - πŸ‘
  • be involved with my community - Not yet 😐
  • comment more on others blog posts - Maybe a Handful... πŸ‘€
  • read 15 books this year - didn't count but I'm sure I did...πŸ“š
  • limit senseless Social Media time - For Sure!! 
  • be a better Ambassador/Influencer - Still working on this..
  • declutter from top to bottom - Some but not enough...
  • get published in the paper - 😞 still trying...
  • to be in touch more with out of state family members - only my Brother... 
  • BLOG on a regular basis! - 32 posts vs 15 in 2021 
 **********

Starting this 1st day of January 2023 with my runners at the Frozen Rails 5K/10K in Midway, Ky. 


We are pleased to support the Midway Ministerial Association through partial proceeds and all runner/walker donations made to this race. We'll also be collecting canned/nonperishable goods on race day to help feed the hungry in Woodford County.

The Midway Ministerial Association is a collaborative effort of 7 Midway area churches (Midway Christian Church, Midway Baptist Church, Midway Presbyterian Church, St. Matthew’s AME Church, Midway United Methodist Church, Historic Second Christian Church and Pilgrim Baptist Church).

The Midway Ministerial Association gathers for community worship services: Thanksgiving, MLK, Ash Wednesday, Easter Sunrise Service, and a service of Peace and hope in September on or near the anniversary of September 11. During these worship services, an offering is taken up that goes to support a fund within our community. The fund goes to help people in emergencies with rent and utility payments. This past Thanksgiving, at our Community Thanksgiving service, the offering was used to provide 10 Thanksgiving boxes for families at our local elementary school, Northside Elementary. The proceeds from the race will go towards this fund.

Here is an article about the great work of the Midway Ministerial Association Click Here


You can find Race Event Photos Here.... 1500+ 

Results are Here.....  345 total showed up and showed out!!


''My'' Girls..[L-R] Bobb, Mindy, Shana, Sarah, Vanessa,
Crystal, Jennifer & Emily.

********** 

Ending with a Huge HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to my daughter & SIL, in a few months they will have been together 30 yrs ?!?

Just Babies, both of them. But they found each other and that was that. G'Man had a bit of a difficult/troubled childhood [my opinion].


Babies having/had babies before tying the knot. They've gone through everything life has thrown them even before getting married. I'm so Extremely Honored & Proud of my SIL. He's stepped up to so many challenges as a 'young' father and then husband....and put up with having me as a MIL. He still has a drive to better 'them' as a family & is always, Always, thinking about 'their' future, I can't ask for anything else for my daughter or granddaughters.

********** 

That's it for today, my wish for everyone is to Be Safe in this New 2023 Year.







1 comment:

  1. Hi- I use to be a runner but my old knees can't handle the pounding anymore. I am now your 19th follower! Hope you come over and follow me-https://bestoflongislandandcentralflorida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete