Friday, January 6, 2023

Blog 365 Friday January 6th

 

It was a Good Day to have a Great Day...the sun shined today even though it was cooler. Started with today's devotional passage from author Ann Spangler. Though I stated I was going/wanting to read the Bible in a year I have yet to actually start..😔..BUT, I will get it started and play a bit of 'catch-up' as the weeks go by. I still go to my Wednesday & Thursday Bible Studies so at least I'm doing something...right?



As I read through the daily passages I'm picking out and highlighting words or sentences that gives me the warm fuzzy feeling. Today it was this ''the irony of Spirit-filled living is that we have to give Up power in order to gain a Greater Power'' 
**********
Then it was off to pick up these beauties...well beauties to me. My friend Katie FB posted about giving these away and I was lucky enough to reply before anyone else. Now ''I'' don't need them for myself, but being the planning/organizing/scheduling person I am I got them for this year's 2023 Hiking Christmas Potluck..[yes, I'm one of those people]. I've already hit the clearance sale racks a Wally World and bought a few items to be used for door prizes and table decorations. Everything is just sitting [upstairs] just waiting on me to re-organize for December! 


**********
Next, I went to our local extension office for their first, since covid, Lunch & Learn session. They've brought them back stating today and will do a different recipe on first Fridays of each month. Apparently, they are going to do random prize drawings. Today the lady who actually won said she had 3 crockpots already and didn't need another...🙋...I spoke up and was gifted it! #YAY


**********
Afterwards, I went to the park to walk. Remember the 'training' I needed to start? Well, it's going! My plan is to only Walk 8-12 miles a week for the first 3 weeks of January then reassess how I feel. Hopefully I'll then add a little 'running' into the mix of miles. Re-building my cardio slow & steady. I think my only issue will be when I'm in AZ next month. I'll tackle that later.


**********
Note to self don't try start the sport watch after pausing...


hence why there's 2 events in 1 day.


But at least my 2nd mile time was better than my first mile, LOL.


Time to get this posted and take the G'daughter to work!








1 comment:

  1. Glad you had some sunshine yesterday. Cute snowmen! And hooray for a new crockpot.

    ReplyDelete