Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Blog 365 ~ Vacation Catch Up Day 1

 Sunday 1/8 my Gal Pal Margaret and I flew from Lexington, Ky to Florida [thank you Hubby for taking us to the airport] via our now 'go to' airline Allegiant. 

Economical and only a 2 hour flight for the win. Getting up early that morning was necessary for this early flight we booked. We had a newbie checking us in and She was Awesome. I told her from the get-go that I thought my checked bag would most likely be overweight and I would pay the difference. Well, she promptly said to place it with Margaret's, and she averaged them out [I was under by 3# 😄]

Going through security wasn't a hassle, but I wasn't able to bring my un-opened yogurt with me.?. So, banana & a couple of granolas was breakfast. Luckily, we didn't need to wait as long as we thought. Flights were a bit early. We were in line to board, and I noticed we had our check in newbie attendant...
a quick 'selfie' and off we went!

Landed 20 minutes early in the Clearwater/St Pete airport, bathroom break, grabbed luggage then headed to rental car counter...
We actually 'reserved' our car a few months ago with my credit card, but, since Margaret was going to be the driver [because I hate driving] we changed the reservation, and everything went into her name...this bit of info is important to remember for a later post. They gave us a Jetta that was roomy, great on gas, and had lots of trunk space. 

We Were Starving! 
Taco Bell was lunch and with the shortage of employees everything was through Kiosk. I understand shortages of employees, but it's so impersonal. I like interacting with a 'person' not a 'machine'. 

Off we went....The closest store of any kind is at least 30 minutes away and we knew we wanted to stop at a grocery for a few supplies before going all the way to our destination which was River Ranch, Fl. 
Publix is the ''Kroger'' of Florida. Breakfast items, yogurt, healthy snacks, juice and evening Moscato Wine for evenings were my choices. 

30 minutes later we were in our AirBnB, settling in when our friend and fearless hiking leader Connie showed up and invited us to go golf cart touring then dinner at her house....a Win for sure on both counts. Then back to our 'home' for the week to relax and just Chill!

Unfortunately [for Margaret] the TV in the living room didn't work ?!? For me it didn't matter. We each had TV's in bedrooms so IF I wanted to watch something I could. Margaret called one of the owners and tried to get someone over to fix it, but no one answered??
 Margaret decided to take a shower, low and behold No HOT💧Water💧...another call leaving a message this time. 'Pam' called back and said she forgot to flip the switch on for the water heater...we got that on and instead of waiting the hour or so to heat up I did the heat water on the stove and got the important parts washed off, Ahh single Mom with multiple jobs moments flash back 😳. Wine, a movie, started my book, then lights out for Day 1.

Day 2 coming up tomorrow, Stay Tuned!








No comments:

Post a Comment