Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Blog 365 ~ Taking a chance on Me.... ~ Proving only to myself...

Normally today would be a hiking day for me...during Florida vacation the new Judge Executive texted me about being on the Board of Director/Committee for Human Rights [that's right she asked for my number after the 2022 election]. I was Surprised to say the least! All during the last Judge Exec & Mayor terms I had expressed interest in being more involved with my community as a matter of fact you can also read about my Lifestyle goals here. Thinking I didn't have the education for such things I finally put it out of my mind. So here's a Big Shout Out to Trille our new Judge Executive, and Big Thank you for taking a chance on me.


During the Magistrate's meeting I was approached by my friend and Waste Management Director Angie to help organize a community/statewide 'Plogging' initiative...again, yet another thing right up my Alley!

[Plogging is a combination of jogging with picking up litter (merging the Swedish verbs plocka upp (pick up) and jogga (jog) gives the new Swedish verb plogga, from which the word plogging derives).[1] It started as an organized activity in Sweden around 2016 and spread to other countries in 2018, following increased concern about plastic pollution. As a workout, it provides variation in body movements by adding bending, squatting and stretching to the main action of running, hiking, or walking.[2][3][4] An estimated 2,000,000 people plog daily in 100 countries and some plogging events have attracted over 3,000,000 participants.[5][6][7]]

I've been concentrating on the promotion/influencer opportunities with run events, and ambassadorships for a few 'special' companies in recent years, but all of those things don't compare to the Human Rights position and the opportunity to organize a Plogging event. I pride myself on being a Planner/Organizer/Scheduler of my time & efforts....Good Thing Right??

I'm Proud of myself.
I'm Proud of how far I've come.
I'm Proud to be Who I am today. Because frankly, growing up I was constantly, consistently, and Always being told I would NEVER amount to much, let alone anything of any 'worth'. That I would be stuck in whatever work I could find [I worked & retired 39yrs for a printing company], and most likely to get pregnant before I was married IF..that is..I did get married. This coming from my close family of Aunts, Uncles, etc including sometimes my own mother. I was the hell raiser heathen child. The mouthy child that didn't take crap off of or from anyone...ever! The one who struggled to get a grade above a 'D' in school. Most were shocked when I did have enough credits to graduate high school. And even more Shocked I got married and then started a family. But you know WHO belived in me ?? Dad. The person who I was told wasn't my 'for real' Dad again by close family members. It didn't matter to me. He was My DAD. He Believed in me and my brother, equally the same. I've taken chances, I've done things, I've learned from mistakes, I've grown, I'm Happy!  

3 comments:

  1. Way to go! You should be super proud of yourself, sounds as if you worked very hard for all your much deserved success. And a statewide plogging initiative is a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You have every reason to be proud of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, how awesome. You've worked hard and it's paying off.

    ReplyDelete