Saturday, February 24, 2024

Race Season is BACK!! + Black History Month 5K re-cap + Blog 365

 

Not a 'too' early wake-up but back to normal Saturday race morning routine. Today is Black History Month 5K right here in my hometown. I've been working with Jason Weathers and his family organizing this race event. 2023 was the first year and as an inaugural race 1000$ was raised [after expenses] for our local Salvation Army. This years proceeds will go to the Agape House. The Agape House was founded in 2007 by Joseph Payne and Stephanie Caldwell.  It is a non-profit organization that assist pregnant women and their families by offering prenatal and child development classes. 
2000$ raised! 

A few of my favorite photos from the race...

Mayor Adkins danced across the finish line,

My Pal Larry said it was THE coldest race he's ever done!!
He also is our local celebrity writing for UK Sports 

TONY!! Another Pal and runner kid also owner/developer/of Saturdaze Optics







Tomorrow brings my first Sunday race event...and there are many more I'll be doing on Sundays. Look for another race re-cap for the Fast and the Furriest!


No comments:

Post a Comment