Monday, January 8, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday 1-8-24 + Blog 365

 

So far so Good.... Linking up with Sandra for another Happy Homemaker Monday...

** The Weather **
Still no ❅Snow❅, but lots of Rain in the forecast.

** As I look outside my window **
Bright, Sunny, currently 35°

 ** Right now I am **
Working on this post, enjoying the quiet...

** OOTD **
Sweatshirt, Leggings 

** Thinking and pondering **
I'm struggling with a person that doesn't seem to get it when she mentions organizing 'couples' get togethers.. when we all know that MJ isn't a 'couple', her husband has debilitating dementia & Alzheimer's and stated she doesn't want to be the fifth wheel within the group...

** What I'm reading **
Deadly Deals by Fern Michaels [pleasure reading]
Devotional [spiritual]
 'The subtle Art of not giving AF' [self-improvement??I've slowed down on this book since working more on a couple of projects..}
IF your offended by the 'F-word' DO NOT READ this book, JusSay'in
Carry On Warrior - by Glennon Doyle **Saving for later**

** TV Shows this week **
Regular TV shows don't start up until after the Super Bowl, so, my guilty channels Bravo/RHO & TLC/Sister Wives

** Menu Plan **
🍽Grilled Chicken
[grilling extra for other dishes]
🍽Pizza
🍽Baked Ravoli
🍽Stroganoff
🍽Chicken Alfredo
🍽Broccoli Cheese Soup
🍽Stir Fry
🍽Loaded Baked Potato
🍽Mexican [nite out]
🍽Veggie Burger
🍽Pot Pies
🍽Egg Rolls w/Veggie fried Rice

** No unNecessary Spend Challenge Update **
Jan goal is 25 days so far 8/31

** Goal/To Do List **
Freshen the upstairs for SIL visit,
Work/Purge basement,
 
** Around The House **
Keep up with morning routine, continue with 'clean sink' goal,

** Project this Week **
Start taking wallpaper down from hallway,
Bleach/Clean trim & baseboards in Kitchen

** Today's Motivation **

** Something fun to share **
These fun Chicken Feet Socks my Sista from another Mista got me...

** Looking forward to this week **
MahJongg with the Gal's today, another friend from Oregan is in for a visit..
Hoping to go Hiking this week....

** From the camera **

** On my prayer list **
Our friend Tim who had pancreatic cancer passed away last week, so I have all of his family in my prayers. I'm struggling with knowing his wife who left/abandon him is back[?] for whatever reason. The Mr will be going to his visitation, I'm not solely because I don't want to be around the wife...IF she's there.

** Reflection` **
Your worth is measured by God, and he Loves you very much.


5 comments:

  1. I love the "sokken" (socks). They are so cute.

    I understand, it's really tough. Open communication is crucial in situations like this (about MJ's situation).

    Thanks for the reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun socks. Sorry about your friend. Love your motivation quote and reflection. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear about your friend. The Unnecessary Spend Challenge sounds like a good idea and your motivation quote is perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those socks are hilarious! I hope you have a great rest of your Monday :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha cute socks! Sending hugs for your friend. Dealing with dementia / Alzheimer is a hard road. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete