Monday, January 22, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday 1-22-24 + Blog 365

 

Linking up with Sandra for the weekly HHM

** The Weather **
No One else enjoyed the snow we got last week except me...the rest of January shows similar temps ranging from 30'ish° daytime to mid 40's & low 50's°

** As I look outside my window **
Not very sunny but sky's are clear.

 ** Right now I am **
Working on this post, listening to Spotify

** OOTD **
Hooded sweatshirt [from donating blood] sweatpants...

** Thinking and pondering [how I'm feeling] **
Getting my mind set on upcoming extensive dental procedure....
It's sad a Grown A$$ woman is so intimidated by a dentist,

** What I'm reading **
Payback in Death by JD Robb [pleasure reading]
Devotional [spiritual]
 'The subtle Art of not giving AF' [self-improvement??I've slowed down on this book since working more on a couple of projects..}
IF your offended by the 'F-word' DO NOT READ this book, JusSay'in
Carry On Warrior - by Glennon Doyle **Saving for later**

** TV Shows this week **
Surprisingly the 'Chicago' shows [Med-Fire-PD] have already started...
My Guilty pleasure Bravo's RHO & TLC Sister Wives

** Menu Plan **
🍽Beef Roast 
🍽Meatloaf
🍽Pork Loin
🍽Stroganoff
🍽Chicken Alfredo
🍽Broccoli Cheese Soup
🍽Stir Fry
🍽Loaded Baked Potato
🍽Veggie Burger
🍽Egg Rolls w/Veggie fried Rice
🍽Mash Potato/Chicken bowls
🍽Fish
🍽G'daughter birthday eve lunch so leftovers are planned
**Thank goodness Mr is on board with any mix/mash/meals that'll be coming from whatever I have in the freezer &/or pantry..
🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽

** No unNecessary Spend Challenge Update **
Jan goal is 25 days so far 21/31
WooHoo! so far so good! Food budget balance will be extra CC pymt.

** Goal/To Do List **
Cook at home 6/7 nights,
Finish updating race calendar,

** Around The House **
Changed sheets this morning and will wash then hang dry,
Keep up with basic routine,

** Project this Week **
Work in Basement Cellar area,
Bleach Kitchen trim,
Help Mr as he works on stripping paint from bathroom cabinet.

** Today's Motivation **
Pantry shopping...

** Something fun to share **
Being the 'Rebel' that I am...
[R on L--L on R]

** Looking forward to this week **
Of course, it's Mahjongg day
Back to work for me this week...Snowball Express start/finish line photography on Saturday...then off a few weeks before dental surgery. I'm already planning on wearing a mask of some sort since my full schedule race event season starts Feb 24th. And booked 8 events in March😵 

** From the camera **
I have been fighting myself with finding a 'new' hairdresser, not sure when prices became so outrageous but Geez'O'Pete! Since deciding I wasn't spending 150$ plus on coloring my hair anymore I just haven't gone to get any kind of trim or cut. The curls have a mind of their own and I was tired of the length. So... needless to say It's short, and not completely even all over. But it's off my neck and will grow back to a more manageable length in no time. Yes I'll look for a hairdresser, Yes I'll start going [sigh].  

** On my prayer list **
Our Country.

** Reflection` **
If disappointment sneaks back into your brain, throw it out. Remind yourself how great your life really is.

4 comments:

  1. I shopped my pantry this week as well. Trying to do better with my unnecessary spending over here but balancing it with trying to buy ahead for the holidays a bit (not too much, just taking advantage of clearance sales for things my sons need like shorts...hoping it will eventually be shorts season again!). Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started cutting my own doing Covid. But call a local beauty school and see if they offer service. Mine did and it's very reasonable by senior students. Have a great week 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been brave enough to cut my own hair, but I do color mine on my own, as I can't justify spending that much, when I know I can do it myself. I love that the Chicago shows are back!!! Shopping your own pantry is so rewarding. Its time for me to do some restocking of mine. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since covid my hair is uncolored... and I go for a trim every 3-4 months... I think it's time haven't gone since October. Hope dentist went well. have a great week

    ReplyDelete