Monday, December 25, 2023

Blog 365 [almost] ~ Happy Homemaker Monday 12-25-23

 

Good Morning and Merry Christmas again! I made a post when I first got up this morning read & see it HERE - I wasn't sure if there was going to be a HHM, but oh so glad there is....Linking up this Christmas morning with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom [added & changed a categories for the 'New Year']. Secretly I hope Sandra continues with her HHM series along with Blog 365 in the New year...🤞

** The Weather **
I'm ready for a bit of the snow predicted later this week....

** As I look outside my window **
Drab, Dreary, Overcast---BUT hey it's 🎄Christmas🎅

 ** Right now I am **
Taking a quick break from cooking, I have stuff in the oven, Crockpot is going, Pies are done, Bread Baked and the hubby is peeling potatoes.
Loves ready yesterday baked this morning.

** OOTD **
Leggings [as always LOL], Long-Sleeve race shirt

** Thinking and pondering **
The New Year!

** What I'm reading **
Deja Vu by Fern Michaels [pleasure reading]
Devotional [spiritual]
 'The subtle Art of not giving AF' [self-improvement??} IF your offended by the 'F-word' DO NOT READ this book, JusSay'in
Carry On Warrior - by Glennon Doyle **Saving for later**

** TV Shows this week **
Guilty TV channels Bravo/TLC recording RHO & Sister Wives [still don't get it...but still watch it]

** Menu Plan **
-->CHRISTMAS🎄DINNER <--
🍽Beef Stew
🍽Stroganoff
🍽Chicken Alfredo
🍽Broccoli Cheese Soup
🍽Fish
🍽Soup, Salad, Sandwich
🍽Loaded Baked Potato
🍽Pizza
🍽Pork Loin
🍽Apple/Chicken Sausage
🍽Veggie Burger
🍽Pot Pies
🍽Spaghetti
🍽Egg Rolls w/Veggie fried Rice
**all meals are in no particular order and many will carry over into next week**

** No unNecessary Spend Challenge Update **
 New Category - I will be updating weekly during the New Year,

** Goal/To Do List **
Survive?? It's the holidays and they've been so different the past few years...to much Drama in the family YaddaYaddaYadda.

** Around The House **
Again, we're surviving...daily basics are getting done.

** Project this Week **
Put away Christmas tree and work on 2024 indoor project list [more on that to come] 

** Today's Motivation **

** Something fun to share **
One of the Christmas projects the Kiwanis did last week was packing 75 Christmas gift bags with a variety of items for Arnold Towers an assisted living facility for Seniors.
[I'm on the right] 

** Looking forward to this week **
Wednesday evening I'm headed with a few friends to early dinner then go see the Christmas lights at The Ark.

** From the camera **
My hubby 'repairing' his work/church pants.....

** On my prayer list **
My friend MJ... She just can-not seem to get a break this year. Her hubby has Dementia/Alzheimer's and isn't doing well at all, then her youngest daughter has had a very difficult time with her pregnancy resulting in losing the baby...MJ is with her now and missing out on celebrating the holidays. I'm sad ☹ for her, I'm sad for me, because I'm not sure what to say....I do however know how to 'just BE' and that's what I'll do when MJ gets home...

** Reflection` **
✨Life isn't happening to you, You are happening to your Life✨


2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas yesterday! Hear you on the holidays being different the past few years (AND the family dramas), finally felt a bit balanced over here again this year. I'm so very sorry for your friend and her daughter's loss. Prayers for peace for them. Hope you have a great rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas. Have a relaxing week

    ReplyDelete