Sunday, December 3, 2023

Blog 365 [almost] ~ Race re-cap links

** Jus'Sayin **

 Early Sunday morning and sadly I will miss in-person church. Another Sunday race event and I'm off to do photos...But first let's talk a bit about Saturday's race....

Is he not the Cutest!!!

Woodford County Santa Shuffle 5K, I really like doing race events here. Versailles is so pretty and homey...
My friend Barb with her silly Dinosaur headband...

This is the Perry family...All Girls, [I can relate]!!! They did very well...

Gavin Stephens has Cerebral Palsy and is out there staying as active as he can. Gavin was so fun to talk to. 20 yrs old, works everyday [except Holidays he said, LOL] and is looking for an apartment. 

View other photos Here-->12-2-23-Santa-Shuffle-5K-Kids-Dash/ 
View results Here-->RaceRise.com
Read more about the event here--> Santa Shuffle 5K

After the race I came straight home to clean up, grab a bite of dinner [thanks to planning & cooking ahead] as it was date night! We had tickets to see the Celtic Women Christmas program. 
If you ever get the chance to see them Please do!

**********

As I said I've missed Church this morning so will try and view it sometime this week. For now let's talk about todays' race. It was in Frankfort and at a new to me venue area. I'm really glad I was asked to do photos. The RD committee was the best so far this year keeping everyone in 'the Loop' regarding the race. That in itself was refreshing. I was not the only photographer, but somehow ended up being the Primary[??]. just over 330 runner/walkers and of course kids dash. 
He was such a well behaved young boy waiting on his Mistress to finish running,

This large of a crowd we had a Lead Bicyclist [Brian] to keep everyone on the right path/course, 

Did I mention there were just over 340 signed up!!

Age group awards were 3X3 hand painted by Phyllis Rogers, each one was different.

Of course Frosty....

My friend Linda with her Paw'tner Teddy Bear,

It was so much fun, as always, and the course was one I need to revisit on my own [sometime?when there's time?], and I look forward to hopefully getting asked back.

View other race photos Here-->Frankfort Frosty 5K
View results Here--> RaceRise.com
View about the race event Here--> RunSignUp

**********
Dinner with Gal Pal Monica visiting from Arizona before calling it a night.... I'll get pictures of her tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment