Sunday, August 13, 2023

Blog 365 ~ AMSR race re-cap ~ [new] Church 177th Anniversary

 

Looking out my front door enjoying a Wonderses Sunday Morning...the night was short but the benefits were worth it....[more on this in a sec]
I posted this before I went to church...man it hit the spot.

But first let's talk A Midsummer Night's Run...I had already done a Saturday race re-cap for Blazing Blue Devil 5K and noted at the end I was 'doing' a race...ME. I did a local race. I signed up for it a while back thinking I had plenty of time to train. Well, I did get some training in, just not what I should have.... 
I left to get there EARLY! I wanted the drive time to just - Chill - and the time to just - Sit in my car and catch up on my week plan. The hub's said be prepared to pay out the wazoo to get out...I really didn't care what it was going to cost. My car & I were in a safe area, and it was worth whatever it cost for that piece of mind... 
Parking at Rupp Arena parking lot wasn't that close to the start/finish, maybe 3/4 of a mile?? It was amazing to sit, reflect, and get thoughts organized and write out a plan for the week coming. I start the Mom Taxi in the morning, taking & picking up the kid for work. And I take the G'kid to her Dr appointment in Lexington tomorrow as well. I managed to re-arrange a few in person meetings and might be doing a few of them via Bluetooth/car phone for the next 4'ish weeks.
The walk to the race venue was filled with all kinds of sights & murals. Adding to my long growing list of photography things to do is find all of them in Lexington, then move onto another city.

Thank Goodness for my @honeystinger for adding a bit of pep in my step...remember I had a Early:ThiryAM wake up call.

Met up for Team Beef photo with a couple of my runner girls,
Michelle - Me - Vicki

We took off and at around mile 1.4 my visor was making me so mad !! It was hot & muggy [rain was forecasted but didn't happen] & Oh..So..Humid! The front visor part kept falling down my forehead, so I turned it around while walk/running. 
blurry running picture, look at me Glisten, LOL.

My friend Jenny and her 'Big Hand' was stationed at the finish area for you to tap and get a Boost!
She was a Welcomed sight! Now I know how my finishers feel when they see me. 
I didn't do the race with any expectations other than to finish UpRight! And I did just that. And even surprised myself with coming in under [barely] 50 minutes. Several of my runner kids seen me out on the course ... it was so great to hear them all call out my name for a change and give me encouragement. I have a LOT of work to do, I've signed up for 3 of my 7 events for 2024, and I will return to downtown Lexington for next year's AMSR.
Walked 3/4 mile back to my car and reflected what I had just accomplished. For me at age 68-with RA I think I did okay.
Getting to the parking lot and seeing the gates 'Green' as in Good to go and not pay out the Wazoo made me smile even bigger...driving home, spotify playing, thoughts about what was to come up this week and I how I can Do Anything! I'm succeeding for Me! I'm taking risks and going for the Gusto! Saying Yes to 99% of any opportunity that comes along and learning as I go. 

I'll get off my soap box for now....this morning was my new church 177th Church Anniversary. Guest Pastor was Dr C.B. Akins, Sr., pastor emeritus of 1st Baptist church Bracktown.
What a sermon he gave. I've learned 'more' about the Bible since being at 'new church' than in any other church I've attended.
So as NOT to begin preaching I'll sign off for tonight...busy 'TAXI' day tomorrow....and a bunch of other stuff. 









   



No comments:

Post a Comment