Thursday, August 24, 2023

Blog 365 ~ Thrifty Thursday

 With a busy [busier] upcoming CrAzY schedule along with winter snow predictions I've been working at getting the rest of my pantry/freezer stock completed. Today I was able to get meat sale items from Kroger & scored quite the find at Dollar Tree...below is a breakdown.

First up is Pork Loin chops - I placed 2 chops in freezer baggies then wrapped in 3 layers of newspapers before placing in gallon size baggies. Per Serving cost is 0.78 cents. The Pork was also on sale and will cook for Christmas (?) as well as a Chicken since the Kid doesn't eat pork😐.

Next was Chicken Breast...again from Kroger these were huge pcs of meat! I put 1 per pkg after scoring it down the middle, wrapped each in newspaper and them placed in gallon bags. The hub's and I normally share a piece and with the size of these we'll most likely get another meal from 1[4 meals/1pc]. Per serving cost is 1.36, depending on if we get more than a serving, this cost will go down to about 0.68 cents per serving.

I needed bathroom cleaning stuff so went into Dollar Tree for that...while browsing around [as most people do] I discovered they had men's body wash in a larger size of 22.5oz...
The hubby was down to his last bottle, and at $1.25 I couldn't pass it up. At Walmart they sale for 4.91$ so I saved 3.66$ per bottle,

Yes Please & Thank You!






No comments:

Post a Comment