Sunday, April 2, 2023

Blog 365 ~ Palm Sunday ~ Re-Stock Plan ~ Yard Queen

 


Happy Palm Sunday! 

I even wore my own Palm Leaves this morning...


We went to our 'other' church First Baptist and all I can say is Wow! Paster Briscoe was on point as always. There were 5 that were Baptized today as well 2 were grown-ups. 

We heard nothing but what Palm Sunday is and means to followers of Christ, No Biology lessons, No Statistic lesson, No Chemistry lesson, No Math lessons......Just our Lord and Savior, with Scripture readings from Matthew, Mark, John, Genesis, 1 Corinthian, Zaccariah, & Isaiah.

**********
I've managed to use most everything I stocked up on last September. Having a pantry closet has really come in handy during the last few months...I've made a list of what I need and have been comparing prices and started restocking. Much to the hub's credit he didn't even flinch when I put 5 containers of coffee creamer in the cart, LOL. or when 8 boxes of sweetener went in. He already knows where it's going and that I'm working on 2023 'winter plan'...[yes I know it's not summer yet] So a few extra items over this next 3-4 months and I'll be all set. I still have plenty of meat in 2 freezers as well so not going to re-stock them as yet.


**********

It's April!! Month 4 of 12! The year is going by so fast....or is it just me?? I made a social media post about April being Financial Literacy Month. Read about some really good Money Challenges IF you need help with Finances...Here ---> Financial literacy month: 30-day money challenge (cnbc.com)

Now I'm talking to all the Women out there....Know Your Finances! Know what your household bills are. Know where/what bank accounts are and make sure you have access to everything there is.
If your and 'older' woman, Please, Please, PLEASE know all these things and make a Widow/Single plan. We as Women 'normally' out-live Men. Don't be blind-sided by finances. Know what your yearly expense's are and make a list! Know where warranties for any & all household items are and if possible, update whatever you can while you have two incomes coming in monthly. I say this because I was in a situation when the hub's just was not doing what he was suppose to do regarding some health issues. To the point I told him since HE was determined to make me a Widow I was going to make a plan....and I did. And I still have it! I have Every household bill listed, I have what taxes are on what and when they're due. I listed all the appliances and when they were purchased [another reason 'we' replaced our heating and cooling system]. I did a year plan, 3 years estimated plan, 5 years & 10 year plan. Will it be perfect estimates wise, maybe not BUT, I will have something to give me an idea. 

**********
I use a 'sinking funds envelope' system though a crude set-up it works for me. I have envelopes glued onto notebook pages with categories listed on top, and do add/subtract with $$. Things like Hair appointments, Vet/Pet Care, Car maintenance, Landscape, Gal Pal Trips/Race'cations, Christmas $$ is in a savings acct with direct deposit every payday. Monthly SF $ is various from 100-150$. It works for me... 

A different trick I also do is 'padding' my checkbook balance. I round 🠉up...if I have a charge 10.15 I deduct 11$, by doing this over time it really begins to add up and I'll periodically move an amount into either SF or my savings acct...it's a Win-Win for me.

**********

After getting home from grocery shopping we went on dandelion hunt in the yard, hub's went to work in the garden at FCC and though it wasn't planned for today I couldn't stand NOT being outside. Hub's took my gardening tools with him so instead I mowed the front and back side yard...



I'll be finishing mowing and the last of the mulching either Monday or Tuesday since there's rain expected Wednesday & Thursday. I have another Full intention to-do list for the week and exciting news regarding Ambassadorships' I was accepted into! I'm so excited! AND I'm back in with the Run the Bluegrass group....just a little Brag thing sorry.

That's it for now, time to fix dessert for us and veg out in front of the TV for a bit, and ReLaX.....Awwww!






No comments:

Post a Comment