Friday, March 15, 2024

TriFecta race #1 - YMCA Shamrock Shuffle re-cap

TRIFECTA RACE WEEKEND
Race #1
I was asked by my runner girl Heather if I would take race photos again this year for the YMCA Shamrock Shuffle....it was in Bourbon County which for me is 1 hour+ away. Heather, just like many other of my runner kids support/humor me with my stuff, so of course I went. 
Heather is in the back w/yellow rain jacket on...
Last year's race was so Cold--and Windy--and Spitting Snow!
We had a bit of misty rain but not enough the break out umbrella's.

I actually felt bad for the RD and the YMCA team...only 27 people showed up😧
Here's more info about the race...The 2nd annual Paris-Bourbon County YMCA Shamrock Shuffle 5K Run/Walk! The Paris-Bourbon County YMCA has served their community since 1913. The Y is in the business of nurturing the potential of children and teens (Youth Development), improving health and well-being (Healthy Living) and motivating people to support their neighbors and the larger community (Social Responsibility).
Again only 27 came out to support the Paris-Bourbon County YMCA by participating in the Shamrock Shuffle 5K Run/Walk or Fun Walk on the beautiful cross country course in Bourbon County Park. The 5K course will be almost exactly the same course as used for the 2022 KHSAA State Cross Country Championships! Though they didn't have much participation they did have a bunch of sponsors...

Start line 'Again' was straight down the hill...
resulting in the challenge to get everyone's start!
Just a few of the photos I took...



Top Awards were really Nice!

This 'Little' won the 'Pot'O'Gold'

Shamrock cookie treats were a great surprise...

Getting a couple of cookies to take home for the Mr and I...

Home to get photo link done and rest before a Early:Thiry start in the morning, Race #2 of my TriFecta Race Weekend - Lucky Leprechaun Half/10 miler/5K 

Event Photos

Results by Bluegrass Timing

No comments:

Post a Comment