Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Trimming + Tires + Tidbit Tuesday

Since I have my car dropped off at the shop [and apparently I've upset a Gal Pal] I'm not hiking today. That's ok, as the Mr is off today so plans are to work on a couple of trimming projects,
First though is breakfast at Cracker Barrel...when you plan on working like a field hand--let's eat like one!

First up was this overgrown 'Ivy' bush by the back door.
I've trimmed it during the year so many times [ not fond of it period!] and I finally had enough and told the Mr it was getting cut back ALL THE WAY - or I would cut it down when he was at work. Whichever he wanted would be fine with me.  He for whatever reason likes it and agreed to do a severe trim...
As you can see it has been in the gutters/soffit and blocks the window. Mr wasn't anxious to do this, but finally got into it and this is the end result...
Yeah it kinda looks like crap...for now. It'll rebloom leaves during the course of the year.

Next up...
This Holly tree...I told Mr he's the only reason it's still here, and again it needs cut/trimmed all the way back. I got tired of scratches and pricks from the leaves so cut the lower branches a few years ago when I started doing all the yard work, 
I gave the Mr a good starting point to do trimming...
With some prodding I got him to 'attack' it with some gusto! As you can see we aren't afraid of climbing on ladders though at almost 70 we probably shouldn't be.

Lot's of hauling limbs to the backyard to be burned on another day then headed to get Ethel.
She looks So Good! The auto shop told me the original tires were the best tires that Ford puts on, so  I decided to go back with the same brand/style....897$ took a big chunk from my car maintenance sinking funds but well worth it with the extra race event driving and race destination miles/fun trips I'll be doing this year.

Time to go get dinner - Fazolis cause I'm to pooped to cook today. Then shower and relax...maybe a beer or 2 #JusSayin😉  











 


No comments:

Post a Comment