Saturday, March 23, 2024

Bluegrass Bourbon 5K re-cap

 

It's way to early to get balm barded with PurrKids...which is why the Mr is in charge of them...

Early:ThirtyAM ☕coffee, and 🥣 instant oatmeal to-go as I head out to this mornings race. Traveling to Elkwood Farm in Midway, Ky for
But first I was able to get a bit of next week planning done before packet pick-up,
Brought my new hiking/weather proof boots to wear since this is a trail race.
No wet feet for me!

I was here last year and couldn't wait to see the house again...

It was Amazing to see all the work they've been able to do in a year's time...






As I mentioned this is a trail race, I started walking around the field where runners would be going through when out of no where there was this Bradford Pear tree...all by it's self...standing tall and perfectly shaped! 
Beautiful seeing God & Mother Nature's work.

Proceeds from the race will benefit Midway History Museum, a 501(c)-3 non-profit organization dedicated to preserving the historical legacy of Midway, Kentucky. Since April 2022, Midway Museum volunteers have operated a museum and visitors center in the City Hall building at 101 East Main Street.

A few of my favorite photos from today....




The whole atmosphere was Sooo different. Runners were excited, there was more enthusiasm, high energy, positive vide, the Whole works !
🠋 I blame it on the 🠋
Bourbon Whiskey!!
[ I may have bought some 😉 ]

Other race photos HERE

Results HERE









 


No comments:

Post a Comment