Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Blog 365 ~ Tidbit Tuesday

 A few things from MonDay, 

I forgot to share in yesterday's HHM that I was already in catch-up mode and October has JUST started😁Oh Geesh...

I managed to get a park walk in with Gal Pal Margaret. She's been gone 🚢 Cruising 🚢 and just got back. So taking advantage of the time she's here to get caught up before leaving on yet 'another' Cruise.
Home long enough to get the leaves blown off the yard before heading to 👇
Silver Sneaker class...unfortunately I didn't realize it was going to be Leg day and I've already done 2 miles this morning....Annnd, heading for a 4 miler tonight more on that in a minute...

A Few things MonNight...

FLAT RUBY aka A Runners Mom and More
I knew it was going to get dusk/dark out for my race tonight so wanted something that would show up.
All of the items are my ''go-to's'' during training/races. SheFit sports bra is adjustable everywhere and can be adjusted on the run [pun intended, LOL], My Soxy Feet socks are the only socks on the market that keep my 'sweaty feet' dry while walk/running [visor from them too], Bolder Athletic Wear is the Rose skirt and the best thing ever! It has built in shorts with pockets and a zipper pocket at the waist. Not pictured I had my Flip water bottle, Honey Stinger gel, Shokz headphones,and bib belt.
Originally, I was going to drive myself to the race which was in Louisville 1hr45min away. I had my alarm set early enough to leave and not only find the place but do bib pick-up, potty and scope out the where's & what for's. This race has always been one I've tried to get the kid to do but wouldn't?!? So, I put it on MY bucket list of races to do for me. When the alarm went off and I started getting ready, the hub's asked if I was REALLY going?? Well, Yeah! I paid for the race and unless something dramatic happens I'm not wasting my money by not going..... I seen some reluctance in his face and body language, but he got his stuff together and off ''we'' went. I explained to him I could get there okay and wasn't going to push myself, but no dice he wanted to make sure!
Admittedly, it could have been a bit tricky finding just where to go if I drove myself, but we found where PPU was, parked the car with plenty of time to spare. I attached the bib along with pennies representing my Dad [Canadian penny] & one for Papaw [aka step-dad]. This is something I started doing earlier this year. I just feel them and occasionally see signs they're watching over me.
Thanks to the hubby for my pre-race picture...
The Sports Commission did an Amazing Job!! The 4 miler was race #2 of a series...
The race Capped off at 550---473 showed up!!
One of them was Carol Westerman. I normally am 'taking' her photo at races. 

It got hot/humid Fast!! The course was surrounded by the beautiful trees and forestry, paved road until you hit the SpookTacular finish line area portion....

These are just some of the photos I was able to get and still keep going....
There are 5000+ carved pumpkins!!












At the entrance of the Display I did a ''short'' video, but Blogger is telling me it's to large to post...😒. Oh well. Today I was suppose to go hike with my CCE grp. No Way was that happening, LOL. I didn't rest well [to psyc'd up] because...just before I laid down I found out via the web site that I placed 2nd in my age group😄 !! I was floored. I never imagined I could do that. I'm quite proud of myself and this confirms that I can do hard things. I have a 'training' plan made and last night proves I'm going to be able to continue doing hard things that I have planned for myself.... Stay tuned and come along for this ride I'm on.

Until next time.















 









No comments:

Post a Comment