Sunday, July 4, 2021

Weekend Wrap-Up

 Saturday July 3RD:

Soooo not sure when I signed up for the Bluegrass 10000, and not sure What Was I Thinking signing up for a 10K, but I did. I started getting email updates about the race, it was still a Virtual event which is fine by me. Then it happened....it went LIVE...as in a In-Person race event. Okay I thought I'll still just continue to participate virtually and be good, well with everything going on with the Hubby and not really being focused on 'my' things I missed the confirmation email {sigh}...Crap! I got the email for race packets to get picked up and just figured I'll go get mine and the Kid hers while I'm there and just go and take her race pictures, cause you know that's what I do.

She. Didn't. Sign. Up!! WTH ! And now what...?

The day came for me to go get 'My' race packet. I still had time to decide what I was going to do, run it on my own time, when I could ...or... show up at the race.

The night before I kept thinking😒if I don't feel like it in the morning, I'm not going...

Yeah, I went. Below is proof,

I arrived early, used the porta potty [not in the fountain weirdo]

meandered around

mingled with a few runners,

So many runners, So Many runners that I normally am at the finish line taking their finish line photo. They were thrilled to see me actually doing a race, 
the 'Big Hand' was there aka Jenny

and turn around point entertainment...

mile 4ish...still out there - I mean where was I going to go at this point ?!?
Still trying not to look at my watch to see how Long I had been walk/walk/more walk/running, still I had my focus on 3 other runners that I figured If I could keep up with them I'll be ok...

I Was OKAY!
I Did This!
I'm Officially a 10K'r !
When's the next one you ask??? RTB 10K in October, with a goal of trying for this time or better. Can I do it? Maybe...but I'm going and doing what I can.

*****     *****
July 4th

 Sunday - Early:ThirtyAM morning getting ready for the Inaugural Independence Day 5K. It's odd to have a race on a Sunday but when there's opportunities you take them. 

the sun was making a beautiful appearance, 

the Start/Finish line ready,

Post Covid when you promote/advertise a race Runners Will Come!

Here's 👇👇 Proof
Linda Word of Fore Word pacers was lead bicycle for the runners...THEN ran the race!














And of course let's not forget the Kid & Crew [-Sherry who was on vaca]

Luckily after all the finishers and awards were done I was able to make it back home for Church services with the Mr...the rest of the day was spent getting things in order for the Mr.'s surgery...then loading/sharing/posting race pictures. 


That's it for now and my very first Weekend Wrap-Up!


Hug's !!

 









No comments:

Post a Comment