Friday, July 9, 2021

Busy Three Day Wrap-Up!

Wednesday--Thursday--Friday

A week ago we had a failed surgery attempt on the Mr's left leg, resulting in a more 'in depth' surgery this week...

***

Norton Hospital 'pre-op' team were thorough, and didn't hesitate to explain what they were doing and who would be coming in next... 

***
 
we were there later in the day so I packed Lunch, snacks, water & a couple books.

***

I was told the surgery could be 2ish hrs IF no complications. 1hr20min later the Dr gives me a call and is pleased with the surgery, said he would be in recovery then head to ICU (pre-cautionary)
Once I physically seen, talked, and touched Mr I headed home.

***   

as like most hospital procedures they want you up and moving as quickly as possible, PT showed up and went through all the plans and motions, since this is something we've been through before it took no time to complete the walking and exercises, they were impressed and signed off giving Mr the OK to walk as many times he wanted or could handle. OT (occupational therapy) also came in (forgot her pic) and signed off as well. 

***

 I took his phone home with me so he could get some rest after surgery...
Geez!! catching up on ALL..The..Phone..Calls..!
Though I do appreciate those that texted, social media posted, emailed, & calls giving their Prayers getting caught up took a while, LOL. He really didn't take much pain meds while I was there so I asked him to take one and rest but then the nurse came in and told us he had been transitioned 'down' and would be going to a regular room. Once he was moved and had dinner I went home (another late night).

***

The next day He was waiting for me in the hall so off to walk (PT) and we ended up enjoying Annie's Healing Garden,

So soothing, quiet, and relaxing.

***

We got back to his room in time to have a 'Picnic' lunch together, we talked, watched some TV, checked social media. Thinking Mr was going to stay another night we were Very Surprised when head nurse Carolina brought in discharge papers....


she removed the last IV port--it was huge! and in his neck of all things! And away we left.
There's still lot's to do for his recovery, of Course walk, do his exercises, NO driving yet, only sponge baths do to having a 'blood ball', empty and record drainage of ball, and no lifting until follow up appointment in a week or so. I know all of this is going to be hard on him, he wants to be busy, go to gym, work at the church etc. I'll be shocked if he makes it a week!


Getting a good night's rest and ready to enjoy the weekend!

Hugs, Kisses, Be Safe Wishes!

 









  

No comments:

Post a Comment