Thursday, July 15, 2021

So far this week.....

😏

When you run out of time on Tuesday...I discovered by accident a really useful Tip to share. You know how after you slice into a head of iceburg lettuce, and store it for later  it turns 'brown'ish'? I was fixing a salad a while back, after taking the outer layer off the head of lettuce I decided to use it on the bottom of my cut head...more than anything it was because I was busy and didn't want to take time throw it in the garden. 

well guess what??? I was fixing another salad a few days later and when I lifted the head out to cut 

I notice the sliced side wasn't as 'brown'ish' as it always had been before ..and it seems like the head lasts a bit longer in the fridge. Win Win!!

*****

Earlier this week I linked up with Sandra for Happy Homemaker Monday, there I shared this list-updates in Red..

Goal/To Do List...
Update budget/Banking--Done, including sending off several donations
Email Race Directors--Done, and added 2 more RD's to my contacts list for races [the daughter' gonna be busy]
Radio Segment update--Race Promos & Updates Complete!
Work in Garden--Picked a few cherry tomatoes, sweet banana peppers & regular size tomatoes [bring on the     BLT's]
Burn Brush/clean up back patio--Not yet, will still try and get done before Monday
Volunteer for Hope Center Recovery running group--Rain cancelled Me, I think the group ran but since it's an hour   away and at night I really don't want to drive in it.
Take youngest G'daughter to cheer practice--Tonight! Actually can't wait to finally be able to help out, I'm only the   Foster/Proxy/Surrogate G'Ma but have been in her life from day 1...
Race Photographer for 3K this week--Happening Friday evening, it's going to be so Great to see all my runner   'Kids'
Contact broker/title company about selling out-of-state house--Done Deal! it's been a Loooong time coming and   requires a post all it's own LOL!
BLOG!! -- Working on post #2 of the week #GoMe
Laundry--Is it ever really truly done?!?
Mow & Trim--It's been a Rainy week so mowing hasn't happened yet, though it's nice & sunny today I'm hoping for another dry day tomorrow to work outside.

What ''wasn't'' on Monday's list was the Walk/Run plan to get minimum of 8 miles [7 completed so far], the un-expected trip back to the Big City [1 1/2 hr one way] for pain Meds since the Mr hasn't followed his post-op/discharge paperwork, 2 trips to the grocery since I Can't Seem To Remember Grocery List., and binged watched Chicago Fire, and started my fall/winter pantry/freezer/sundries restock list.

*****
Weather tomorrow is supposed to be dry, but hot. I'll get yard work done then head to Crank & Boom 3K to do race photographs. Saturday I'll be hiking with my church group then maybe head out to the park for Kentucky Dock Dogs  competition [Go team #GrayGhost], Sunday is the installation for our new assistant church Pastor Catherine DeMoss. 

*****
Stay tuned....I'll do a Weekend Wrap-Up post Sunday evening.

Until then:

Hug's, Kisses, Be Safe Wishes!


No comments:

Post a Comment