Sunday, April 21, 2024

Thoroughbred Trot 5K reCap

 

'Shopped' the freezer for tonight's dinner...

Online church for me this morning. I'm not near as tired as I thought I would be after working 2 race events, shoveling a truckload of compost, then rushing out to get a few Prom pictures done. I have yet another race to work so will be headed there soon.

I'm one of those people that always try and get to places early. It's a two-fold thing for me, I'm not late and it gives me time to get ahead on scheduling/planning/ or in today's case reading. 

This is year 3 for Thoroughbred Trot 5K in Midway. Proceeds from the race go towards the purchase of new playground equipment for Northside Elementary School.
This race is hosted by Northside Elementary School's PTO.

After checking in I headed over to the area for the kid's dash...
Kid's from pre-school up to 5th grade ran in their 'grade heat' then winners ran against each other...
Talk about Cute!!

After that time to head to another area for the 5K portion...they didn't have as many sign up this year most likely because of the UK5K yesterday. Those that did come had a Great time,
This cutie did the 'call to start line' for all the runners...
and I was able to see a lot of my usual runners. 
Ambrose & Martha [bottom row] are on my Survive the Night team...It's going to be a BLAST!!
Who said kids don't know how to play outside?? Tree Climbing,
Rock throwing in the water...I Loved watching them!
Very nice awards for top 3 M/F - and nice ribbon awards for top 3 in age groups.
Wrapping up the race and ready to head home to work on photos and relax...
Hot bowl of Chili, Orange Cranberry muffins, and cold long neck hit the spot!

Other photos Here

Race Results Here

Time to relax and catch up with the Mr....












 


No comments:

Post a Comment