Saturday, April 20, 2024

Busy Birthday Level 69 Day

 

πŸ™‹Have I mentioned it's my Birthday??

**********

Started my birthday with a the first of MANY obligations today...
The 2nd annual race raising funds for the homeless of Lexington while
celebrating the life of Brandon True

New Life Day Center is a daytime homeless shelter and connecting point. They first serve as a daytime shelter to get homeless persons out of the weather and off the streets. The focus at NLDC is to care for basic needs, be a connecting point to local resources such as medical care and housing assistance, and to provide a faith community that points people to Jesus. By building relationships and providing personalized assistance, they empower the community to make a positive impact in getting individuals off the streets. By participating in the inaugural Brandon True Memorial Heroes for the Homeless 5K Race, runners/sponsors will be directly impacting the homeless in our local community. It is no surprise that running a safe daytime refuge is costly, but we know the impact is far greater than the effort involved. Together, we can spread hope, change lives, and make a lasting impact in the lives of the most vulnerable in Lexington. We are one step closer to changing the landscape of homelessness in our community. 

Here are just a few of my picks from this mornings race...
Bottom left is my Muddy Princess teammate Amanda.

[level 69 goal is to work on nutrition more,
so passing up on these though hard...= WIN!]

**********
Finished with the morning race event and decided Not to waste gas or time so headed to next event which was on the way home....I knew I was going to be Waaay early so stopped and picked up lunch
I'm actually pleased with myself for my choices....πŸ†win thus far for day 1 of better food options.

As the 'queen' of waiting, I also carry with me a book to read.
I was able to get a few chapters read before it was time to work race event 2 of the day...
Earth Day 3K was a super small race event [7 other races scheduled today]....36 were signed up and though small it was a great event put on by John & Nicholasville parks & rec.
They always provide the Best awards....
Ruger was 1st place Paw'runner.....

Other favorites from the race,
The 'kid' [bottom right] won 3rd woman overall & 1st in her age group!

Even with a small race I took lots of photos... race results haven't been posted yet 😞we didn't have our official timer here for this race, but the timer that was there used his phone to record bib numbers/runners as they crossed the finish.

**********
Next for today [my birthday level 69] was helping the Mr unload a truck load of compost,
Ahhhh, the memories. Anyone else??
This was for the Mr's church community garden. And as #TeamCline we help anyway we can. The compost was free from the city so beggars can't be choosers, the truckload filled 8 raised beds. Now off to yet another Busy Birthday Level 69 Day...

**********
Prom pictures for my runner girlie' son Grayson and his date Cynthia,
They are just Too Cute together!

**********

Finally finished with today's 1st day of level 69 adventures, and as always, I'm beyond grateful to be able to do what I do. Time to load up all of the photos, shower, and get rest for tomorrows adventures.





No comments:

Post a Comment