Thursday, July 4, 2024

Happy JULY 4th....

 

Prayers for our Country,
Prayers for everyone as we all celebrate today & tonight.

On this holiday I had a very early start...why ??  Well of course we had an Independence Day 5K, and since I had all the shirts, I needed to be there for packet pickup.
I dressed the patriotic part thanks to Bolder Athletic Wear, and My Soxy Feet !
The reflection on the lake as the sun came up is always spectacular.
A few of my favorite photos from the race are below:


We did end up with a decent size race. The BG 10,000 & Buffalo Trace 5K are also on this day and they have huge participate numbers...if you recall I was going to do BG10000 - I'm nowhere near ready for a 10K yet, so opted out. With the heat & humidity today I'm glad I did. We were supposed to get thunderstorms last night and today.

The race benefitted

The Nest - Center for Women, Children & Families.

Their mission is to prevent the abuse and neglect of children and adults by supporting families in crisis through education, counseling, advocacy, and resources.


Other Race Photos are HERE
Race Results are HERE


Everyone was super speedy ! They were done within 1 hour. Even the walkers, which didn't upset me because the clouds started rolling in and I heard a bit of distant thunder. I grabbed a bunch of snacks a few drinks and loaded up....
Just in time too! I waited in the parking lot for about 15 minutes to let this mess clear up a bit. That only lasted until I got on the interstate to come home... 45MPH and flashers on for several miles before it cleared enough to safely drive the speed limit.

**********

Once I got home, I went for my ''streak'' walk and finally took time to look at my phone...
👀Just look👀 at who's my new 'Follower' Kyle Coulahan! And Liked my story I shared of his new single that was released today.
Kinda Proud of that BTW!

**********
I'm on chauffeur duty tonight..took the G'kid to work and while going to pick her up FitBit [I think] scolded me a little...
I KNOW it's time to rest & recharge, but when there's things to do....

 





No comments:

Post a Comment