Monday, July 1, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday 7-1-24 + New Month + Happy Birthday SIL

 First thing for this Monday morning is to Shout a huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my SIL Gerard....

He and the Kid have been together for close to 31years!! You read that right...31! They were mere teenagers, when they started seeing each other. And yes, young parents...very young. Was it difficult...yes. Did we have 'our' issues...yes. But they have defied the odds and have stuck it out through thick & thin and everything in between. And that earned him respect from us. G'Man [what we call him] has overcome so many obstacles to get where he is today. Always thinking about how & what it takes for his family....his wife [my daughter] and the daughters they have together. He's done amazing things in his career and is head mechanic at work where he's been for 25 years. 
**********
Lawd Have Mercy it's July already...Where did June go ?? sigh... Oh Well let's link up with Sandra for Happy Homemaker Monday

** The Weather **
The cool morning turned into a warm afternoon/evening

** As I look outside my window **
I'm late posting today, but the sun is shining.

 ** Right now I am **
Playing catch trying to get this post done

** OOTD **
I've been in shorts & T-shirt...

** Thinking and pondering [how I'm feeling] **
Feeling proud of myself for completing the June streak challenge
and competing in last weekend's She Power 5K...
[yet another post I'm behind on]

** What I'm reading **
I'll Be There, but i'll be wearing sweatpants by Amy Weatherly & Jess Johnston - pleasure reading [good Lord I have another pleasure read going as well 
Daily Devotional - spiritual reading
Successful Women Speak Differently by Valorie Burton - self improvement reading 

** TV Shows this week **
We actually watch a couple of last seasons of regular programs we had DVR'd

** Menu Plan **
🍲🍲As of now it's going to be a 'free for all' with whatever I have in the freezer/pantry.🍲🍲
🍲
🍲

** No unNecessary Spend Challenge Update **
July Challenge Goal--> 25/31 days, as of today 0/31

** Goal/To Do List **
The list is Looong!

** Around The House **
If I can at the very least do the daily basic's I'll be happy.
 
** Project this Week **
Basement - started today, GoMe!

** Today's Motivation **
So I'm getting my 'posts' done, but behind on the 'ol blog...

** Something fun to share **
Not sure if anyone else thinks this will be fun, but I'm continuing the Streak Challenge....I truly feel the June challenge helped me and 'kick' started  me to get it in gear. There's lots more race events I have coming up so training even if it's walking is going to help.

** Looking forward to this week **
Getting caught up with the housework, making a new training plan, and of course 4th of July

** From the camera **
A selfie after earning this huge medal from She Power.

** Reflection(s) **
I CAN do hard things!!




2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post. I also need a fun read so will be checking out that book. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to your daughter and son-in-law. WTG with the races. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete