Sunday, March 24, 2013

3-23-13 Carol Short~Butterscotch Pie 5K

     Yesterday's race was not a planned/scheduled run but in the running community everyone tries to share and pass along whatever 'goodies' there happens to be. Bobbie was offered a free entry to the Butterscoth Pie 5k in Harrodsburg, big thanks goes out the Sheri for thinking of my baby.
     It was tough for her to run though,

she has come down with the sinus/cold junk that is going around, and before Anyone thinks I give it to her, well your Wrong. She happens to work with the public, she may as well be in preschool with all the germs that comes through the office handling paperwork and money..good Lord ....Yuck!
     Being the trooper that she is, (plus the free t-shirt) she calls to let me know we're running Sat. and you all know my response is~OK what time!!

     It was surprising to see all the people there, it was cold!

     You could tell that 'Carol Short' was a much loved person. Friends and family filled the church along with food items to be auctioned off. I witnessed a Butterscotch pie bring in $125.00, 1 pie people, just 1pie.

     From the obituary I found online Carol was only 60 when she past away, prime of your life age. She graduated from Harrodsburg High school in 1970 and was a former employee of Cricketer Mfg. Co. and also worked at a local restaurant called 'Aunt Gravy's'.At her church she was 1st Lady of the Centennial Baptist Church, a leader of the Women's Fellowship, and also on the Usher Board.
     Carol I regret that we never met, rest assured that your memory lives on in your community. As you are looking over your family and friends I hope you take the time to keep a watchful eye on all my 'runner' kids as well  here are just a few of them.....
 
arunnersmom~that's what I am!!















No comments:

Post a Comment