Sunday, March 31, 2013

Computer/Cash/Credit

Pull up a chair, get comfy, have a drink it's going to be a long post, hope you stick with me till the end...............

This was me-before H2B was in the picture and before our first years together- incurring debt during previous marriage, and plain stupidity on my part, and it was a fairly sizable DEBT!!
More than I want to admit..... 

$~$,~$~$~$~$


Then, even though I was finally in a much happier place-still before H2B-more purchases were made, (rewarding myself for not killing anyone) all on credit, a lot!
More than I want to admit....

If you haven't been out of control with spending I would Love to shake your hand and congratulate you. It wasn't easy for me to admit to my self that 'Hey Lady' there's a bit of a problem here..Your broke again two days after payday...the paycheck is gone?? So I looked at the countless entries in the checkbook registry....Deficient spending waiting it's turn....measly amounts to various card companies.

**** C~R~A~Z~Y ****

It had to stop...,it was going to stop! I was going to be in control not the credit cards. So I started making a plan...
making a budget...
cutting up cards...

it was HARD to do at first....but I buckled down, then out of curiosity I sent for a free credit report...yet another rude awakening...
[enter 4letter word here]

So there I was, living paycheck to paycheck, digging my way out of the Debt Gutter,
which comes to present day..
I still have a credit card that I (still) owe on but its shrinking every month. I'm making extra payments every chance I get, and want/will be at zero balance by the end of 2014. Do I have all the other cards back? Yes I do, but they are locked up. Occasionally I have used one but only when necessary, for instance hotel rooms in 2009 during mom's funeral, and paid the bill across 3 pay periods. 

I'm doing this on my own...taking responsibility for what I have done to myself and making better choices for my spending. Yes I still have a splurge day, or two, or three, But I always get back on track and I don't use the credit cards.

With all this said, most of my postings have been during breaks from work where I have no privacy {AT ALL!} though I have used the H2B computer whenever I have had a chance. I have finally been able to purchase another laptop, though refurbished/used new to me from the good folks at 'The Computer House' and it is paid for in full...
~~~with Cash~~~!!

And Blogging Again Finally!!


arunnersmom~that what I am!



No comments:

Post a Comment