Saturday, March 2, 2013

#17 catch up post~6/2/12 Beef Festival 5K

Beef Festival 5K
Harrodsburg, Ky
This is where it all began, where my young'un started this adventure of walking then running. In 2009 Bobbie and her co-workers decided to walk the festival 5K, why, I don't know and she didn't tell me she was doing it. Afterwards for what ever reason she decides she's going to start doing more of it, which led her to having this phone conversation with me;

(her); Mom, I'm going to race this weekend and thought that if you wanted to come you can...
(me); Race? Race where?
(her); you know run a race.....
(me); uuhhh, run, you? where exactly are you running to?
(her); a 5K race....
(me); again-where are you running to?
(her); it's a 5K and I'm going to run in it, so if you want to go I can pick you up.
(me); well ok then, I guess, what time?

And that is what I've been asking her ever since....what time are you picking me up?

Now for those of you out there in blog-land keep in mind I was in all honestly a little skeptical about her and the 5K thing (more so after I looked up how long a 5K was) due to the fact this child of mine did NOTHING athletic during her school years, Zero, Nada, Zilch!!

So at her very first 'running' race I was there, her personal cheer leader, the holder of keys, jackets, bags, etc, camera ready with tears in my eyes as she came across the finish line. I was one Proud Momma!

And still after all these races I find my self tearing up when I see
'MY' child,
 my athlete runner daughter, 
My biggest accomplishment in life,
My pride and joy coming in to the finish line.

It was later that I became known as "Momawrazzi" (this term came from Bobbie a two of the grand-kids)
and then also becoming "a runners mom".

Here are pics from the the past years....
Oh yeah I got plenty of them....
I'm a runner mom don't cha' know!!!
  

2010 her first PI at the race that she started her running career....go figure!
I need to do a post about this!

2011 race pic

2012 race pic and still at it!!!

Another Big Crowd!!

Bobbie & Christie Gorley #15

Betty Lewis in Orange


Leo (not sure of his last name)

Rhonda Anderson


Charlene Dodson

Harold Lanham

Melinda Wofford

Jeff Pence


a runners mom~it's what I am!



1 comment: