Sunday, January 2, 2022

I Love a Challenge....

Started the New Year having breakfast with the Mr...it's been a blessing to have him still. Last year was quite the medical challenge for him, and a mental/physical/emotional challenge for me. I have 2 reminder quotes I say to him. The first is when he starts getting 'antsy' and I think he's about to do something really physically stupid is ''I did agree to the for Sickness & in Health'' but I did not sign up for Stupid! The second ''go ahead and do whatever you want...your insurance is paid; I have my widow/single plan ready''.

In 2022 I'm challenging myself to be better at this Blog thing. So post #2 of 2022 = Go Me!

I went for my first walk of the new year yesterday 2.2 miles for the #FrostyFeetWinterChallenge that my timing group partner is putting on...Timing group?? Partner?? you ask? Yep, I'm continuing doing race photography with Bob Baney/RaceRise and am listed on race bibs...How Cool Am I??

#meatlessMonday starts Jan 3rd, menus for Mondays already planned out. Meals like loaded baked potato, veggie soup, chili made with Morning Star Crumbles, tomato soup & grilled cheese, broccoli cheddar soup [xtra broccoli of course], veggie pizza, huge mixed salad, Morning Star veggie burgers, mushroom stroganoff, beans & rice, side salad nite, baked cauliflower, veggie potpie, there's so many options.., you just need to look and get creative!

My 'race' challenges are many...my main goal is to get back to at the very least a 16ppm walking, then work toward a walk/run high 14ppm/low 15ppm. As I mentioned 2020.1 was a mental/physical/emotional challenge playing nurse wife. But I'm coming back! I've already signed up/paid for multiple race events, and though it may take all of 2022 I Will compete & complete all of them and get back to where I was before. I may be the last walk/run person, but know this, I will finish... #challengeaccepted 

#nospendchallenge this challenge for me pertains to limiting un-necessary trips to the grocery store, I have plenty stocked up for monthly meals and 'treats' and setting a cash budget of 125$ monthly for any necessity's aka milk, bread, eggs, fruit, veggies. You can find lots of no spend challenges on social medias choose whatever works for you. **this amount does not include the boys canned & dry food**

#sinkingfundschallenge I will be setting up 'envelopes' for my extras as well as indoor/outdoor projects I want to do this year, all in I think I need around 3500$--4000$ set aside, more on these later! 

#cleansinkchallenge challenge should actually say no dishes left in sink, this challenge will be difficult, the Mr does put some items in dishwasher, and as bad as I hate doing dishes you would think I would be better at making sure the dishwasher was loaded, I. Get. Lazy! Yep even Me, but hoping to have this become a habit. 

#nosnackingafter7pchallenge I made this one up...in order to 'loose' some of the Virus weight, I'm gonna try and not snack after 7pm. Sort of a fast[?] challenge? We'll see...I do Love a good snack before bedtime.

#hikingchallenge Ahhh this challenge is going to be my favorite! With the right bundling up I plan to hike as much as I can with my Tuesday Casey County Explorer's group, then hopefully get in some hike with the Thursday Sauntering (women's hiking & kayaking) group... and yep may just be adding kayaking to my adventures this year!


Tell me what's in store for all of you in 2022? Any challenges?

Do you have any goal miles planned? How about races? Tell me what you're training for?

Have you tried Meatless Mondays, does your family enjoy them?


 Hug's, Kisses, Run Safe Wishes!



You can follow me on one or all the social medias... FB  IG  or Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment