Friday, January 28, 2022

Dear Papaw.....

 


Dear Papaw,

        Remember Always, I Love you More than you know...

        You've been gone from us in body for a year...

        Know that you're in our Thoughts, Heart, and Prayers...

        We ALL miss you...

        I still have your phone number in my contacts...

        It took forever to get your Stone in place, but the Kid did a good job...

        Your family hasn't been to visit yet, and of course they're welcome anytime, I still hear from a couple of your sisters every now and then...

        I visit your resting place, and plant a penny when to go...

         I paid all the medical bills and assisted the Kid with all your funeral & burial stuff...[hope you don't mind but your here in Ky in a new family plot]

        I have mementoes of yours stored with Honor along with my Dad's service flag... 

        Your grand-daughter & grand-SIL decided they wanted the house, so for now they're splitting time between town and the country...

        There hasn't been a holiday with any of the kids since you left... (prayers that will change in 2022)

        A huge disappointment at Thanksgiving...'K' caught Covid, the Kid wanted to postpone another week, but I didn't so MR and I went out for dinner just us,
    I donated a turkey...the Kid cooked the turkey...we weren't invited...[had a HUGE come to Jesus convo with myself - it is what it is]
    At Christmas 'K' and the kid was sick and 'B' worked! I cooked a Big meal, divvied out proportions delivered to all and called it another eff'd up holiday.

    I thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you've done for me throughout the years, I wish I had been a better 'daughter'. 

    I sold the Indy house, [yes I guess I'm the worst Aunt ever, and that's OK]

    MR put me through Hell and back with so many surgeries, ER runs, and AirEvac runs...medical debt is un-real...sadly I have a widow plan...I want to be prepared.

    Please know I'm doing the best I can, let Mom know I DID in fact make something of myself, I'm Proud of who I've become, and I do have an Amazing husband. 

    Let Dad know he helped raise two great kids, and I truly miss him every time I plant a garden, or work on a project. Let him know I still plant his favorite flower, Marigolds, every single year somewhere, and feel him watching over me... 

********************

 God our Father, your power brings us to birth, your providence guides our lives, and by Your command, we return to dust. Lord, those who die still live in Your presence, their lives change but do not end. I pray in hope for my family, relatives and friends, and for all the dead known to You alone. In company with Christ, who died and now lives, may they rejoice in Your kingdom, where all our tears are wiped away. Unite us together again in one family, to sing Your praise forever and ever.
Amen.


 With all My Heart, your 'daughter'
            Ruby Lynn




No comments:

Post a Comment