Monday, August 5, 2024

I'm Not Lost + Happy Homemaker Monday 8-5-24 + It is what it is

 My last post was 7/15/24...from then until the middle of last week has been nothing short of Blurry memories. You see, the very next day was when the Mr went in for a ''simple'' heart Cath. Then it wasn't...There's a bunch of long story short stuff to say, but in a nutshell, he was rushed to UK and that's where we were for 15 days. The simple Cath ended up being a quadruple bypass. Doc's were amazed he hadn't died before this...that's how bad the blockages were. All I know is God above apparently has a plan for him, and maybe for me as well. We've only been home for a week with STRICK restrictions/limitations. No lifting, no pulling, no pushing, no driving, for 6 weeks, No Visitors for 3 weeks [my rule]. He's to do as much walking as he can handle, and we have Bluegrass Care coming weekly for check-ups until he goes for 1st follow-up appointment the end of this month. All this means is I've added a new degree as Warden to my repertoire...it is what it is, and I'm OK with that. Mr said this heart surgery was so much worse compared to what he [we] went through a few years ago with his P.A.D. stuff - and THAT was traumatic! I'm so disgusted with his local heart Dr but luckily, Mr has agreed to move all cardiac care with UK.
Along with him being in hospital, I've also giving meds to 2 of the PurrKids...so yeah I've been busy. I don't have everything in order like I normally do. But I've at least got back to making my intention list and will hope for the best LOL! For now let's link up with Sandra [finally] for Happy Homemaker Monday....it's been to Long!  

** The Weather **
I admit I looked ahead at the weather forecast hoping to see cooler temps, not until
October [sigh] 

** As I look outside my window **
Even with it being early evening it's Bright and Sunny

 ** Right now I am **
Desperately trying to get this post done

** OOTD **
Knit shorts, race t-shirt, & barefoot. I need to get shoes on soon to take a cat back to the vet.

** Thinking and pondering [how I'm feeling] **
Relieved I still have my Mr...he said before leaving the hospital after going through all of this he wants 25 more years together, LOL, Challenge Accepted!

** What I'm reading **
Other than my Devotionals Nothing! I'm going to try and get back to this later this week. When the Mr is resting/napping I go outside or downstairs to get a couple things done. 

** TV Shows this week **
Surprisingly with the Mr home we still haven't made much of a dent in the shows we have DVR'd...maybe by the time his 6 weeks are up ?? 

** Menu Plan **
🍲Pork Loin Roast in Crockpot
🍲Frozen pkg meal
🍲Salmon
🍲Chicken Sausage Links
🍲Ham Steak
🍲Baked Pot Pie
🍲Grilled Chicken Breast
🍲Meatloaf
🍲Veggie Egg Rolls
🍲Sides Night
***Disclaimer*** Many of these meals will also bring 'leftovers' for either Lunches or another Dinner, so you may see them again next Monday

** No unNecessary Spend Challenge Update **
July Challenge Goal--> 25/31 days, - since I was traveling to UK for 15 days I'm going to claim 26/31 days, I did stop for take on the night of Mr surgery.
August Challenge Goal--> 22/31 days, as of today 4/31

** Goal/To Do List **
Where do I begin??
I am looking at getting back on track with my SS classes

** Around The House **
Keeping the basics going will be a plus
 
** Project this Week **
Mow and Trim

** Today's Motivation **
*** ME ***

** Something fun to share **
Even with the Mr in the hospital I continued with my mile-a-day challenge...most were in the hospital pedway, and most were oh*so*slow but I did them. Last week's daily mile was done around my block so that I wasn't to far away. This morning was the second time I got in 2 miles..

** Looking forward to this week **
I have a 'sitter' for the Mr LOL, so that I can compete in A Midsummer night's race event.

** From the camera **
Our daily newspaper Lexington Herald has gone with the times. I come from a printing background, so I do understand rising costs to produce any type of print. But I'm also old-school and like having a quiet morning, reading the paper enjoying morning coffee. Though they are going to do a paper it's going down to 3 days a week, and getting delivered via USPS. I for one can't see paying the same price for 4 less papers per week AND getting news late.
With that said we've canceled the paper and will become morning TV news people. And $$ spent for paper monthly will now go to paying off teeth loan or Sinking funds.


** Reflection(s) **
Remind yourself how very much GOD is yours and you are His.




1 comment:

  1. oh my! Sending well wishes to the Mr. and you. Take care!

    ReplyDelete