Monday, July 22, 2013

10K away and My New Runner Kids...

Having children is a blessing, and I'm truly blessed with not only my own daughter (+ 2 others), I'm blessed to have acquired so many 'runner kids'. The hobby of running that Bobbie choose to start doing in 2009 has helped provide us to not just being together but with a way of connecting more as Mother and Daughter. Talking about - well - everything, life, work, marriage, the sport, friends, family, money, kids you name it we've talked/laughed/defended/owned it. Little did I know that her sport would benefit me in having more and more kids in my life. Let me show you my newest adoptive 'runner kids':
Sherry Peavler 
Sherry started running early this year and if I went back through my folders I've most likely taken her picture at some point. I'm not sure how she and Bobbie know each other (other than running) but at the last race in Stanford she was included in the group photo. More about her in a later post.
 


Lisa Mattingly 
Lisa! O~M~G she is a MESS!! {in a good way}. Lisa approached me several races ago talking about seeing me at all the races and who was I with, you know info in general. She is so funny and has an energy about her that doesn't seem to end.  Lisa's partner-Bob- is in the picture below. Bob is the Yin to Lisa' Yang - or Yang to Yin what've, all I know is that they're cute together.

 



Bob Griffin 
The race was at RJ Corman and as always fun to be at. His facility and grounds are undoubting the best I've been to with the runners. They hosted a 5K as well and in the typical RJ Corman style everything went without a hitch. The runners knew where and how to go on the course and the after party again was typical RJ Corman, complete with Banana Ice Cream!! And yes even us non-runners were allowed in indulge. Check out my runner kids;
Back Row= Bob Griffin, Russell Woods, Jason Todd, Darin Cundiff
Middle Row= Lisa Mattingly, Sherry Peavler, Angela Todd, Rachel Cundiff
Front Row= Nitzi Stinnet, Kim Hamilton, and last but never least  My Baby~Bobbie Perkins 
 
This is part of the Bluegrass Runners Group.


 There will be more to report and I still want to touch based on more of the 'Not a Slacker' post you can read about it here!  Until later this chick is hitting the hay it's work day tomorrow!!



a runners mom~that's what I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment