Monday, July 22, 2019

Just another Manic----Life ! #GoMe

Lot's have happened during the last few weeks...and when I say lots I mean L~O~T~S!

     Right after my last post was the Expo for Horse Capital Half/Full Marathon at Fasig Tipton..my friend Starr and I had been working on getting vendors for it during the past year. It was a lot of work but so worth having new connections and providing options for the runners to purchase local made merchandise. Even with all the challenges of putting it on I learned so much regarding branding/promoting from the various vendors. #GoMe
The goal for next year is of course to have it Bigger and Better..plans all ready in the works. #GoUs

     A Runner's Mom (aka This Girl) got her spot on the local radio WHIR1230AM (Tuesday mornings at 8:15) ...#GoMe !!
I'm beyond excited to be able to get information out to anyone/everyone that listens regarding races I'm involved in, which has actually opened a few more opportunities for me doing race photography.  

     I competed in the She Power 5K while my daughter and her friends ran the Half Marathon and PR'd !! #GoMe  It was the first time walk/running in the rain which may have had some factor in the said PR..
I helped a friend out with photography for her first Women's retreat during their 4mile race at Rising Sons Winery, again So Much Fun! Then competed again for Christmas in July 5K in Indianapolis no PR but still just under 45minutes, #GoMe

     My ''The Picture Lady Photography'' schedule has been full since my last post as well 12 races reported on A Runner's Mom radio talk show - with most weekends coming up booked along with a couple I'm going to do while my runner daughter and her BRF's (best running friends) do their thing.

     I [we] bought a different vehicle.. a Ford EcoSport her name is Ethel, something I really had not planned on but with all the traveling I will be doing helping with races and finding out everything that was going wrong with the Taurus I'm glad we did. We ended up with a Great vehicle along with a Fantastic Deal...I am one of Those People, an amount was planned for car payment and it happened with 15$ to spare. Another #GoMe 

     A unexpected expense was the washer not doing it's thing correctly....[because it was part of a  appliance 'Lowes Package Deal ' back before we got married] the washer was a bit Fancy, electronic timing start/stop wash settings and thinking it would last for my lifetime duration but alas It. Did. Not. I refused to buy another 'Fancy' washer like the Mr wanted to do, we went to a local scratch & dent store and guess what their machines come from Lowes! Go Figure...bought the same brand for a third of what the other one was, it's Bigger and is simple to start/stop/wash...#GoMe

    The Mr goes on Medicare/Medicaid soon so on the hunt for reasonable medical insurance on me for the next few months (I qualify next April), it is Ridiculous ! Wish me Luck!

     Now it's a matter of planning/organizing/scheduling my time, work on re-budgeting money [putting extra $$ to Ethel's payment], looking ahead for what's yet to come for this Fall & Winter. I have several goals & Plans to do yet this year luckily as a #retirednotexpired person I can work on them at my own pace or Not. In the meantime gonna try and link up with Sandra for Happy Homemaker Monday.  



The Weather...
     Finally a bit cooler but with Rain in the Forecast, Last week had so HIGH Temps it was almost unbearable!


What I'm reading...
     Finishing up
Then going back too ..... it's normal to read multiple books at a time ...Right??


TV Shows this week...
     I have a few movies DVR'd,
     anything RH,
     Elementary,
     Instinct

Menu Plan...
     Grilled Chicken Breast will add some kind of side
     Taco Salad
     Grilled Salmon & salad
     Mixed Greens Salad with lots of added Yummies..yellow bell pepper, shredded carrots, tomato's from the garden, sugar snap peas, black beans,
     Spaghetti
     Frozen bagged meal [there a few to choose from in the freezer]

This Week To Do/Goal List...
      Finish this post....
     fine tune A Runner's Mom radio show list
     finish #IMOMSOHARD book,
     work on August Budget,
     plan and pre-post FB for Run for the Ribs 5K I'm organizing,
     inventory pantries & freezer,
     get a least 3 walks this week,
     attend Team Beef meeting with the daughter,
     
Project this Week...
     Re-organize basement,
     add other portable closet for work out gear,
     deliver collected shoes for Sole4Souls shoe drive [day trip with the Mr]
     deep clean Dining Room
 
Todays Motivation...
   

#GoMe

8 comments:

  1. It is pounding down the rain right now but the temps HAVE gotten cooler! What a relief :)

    I hope you can stop by:

    https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2019/07/happy-homemaker-monday-72219.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gonna check ya out for sure....Thanks for stopping by !

      Delete
  2. I used to only read one book at a time but I currently have 2 going not counting one on my phone and the stack of books I'm previewing for preschool line times. Congrats on your radio spot! Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's one of the Many Great things about Women...Switch/Multi tasking is an Art! thanks for reading..

      Delete
  3. Girl stop apologizing is on my list to read. Have a great Monday/week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My list is Growing as we speak, LOL! Thanks for taking the time to read me!

      Delete
  4. I'm running a bit behind this week, but here I am! Your menus look great and reminded me that I need to get chicken breasts out to thaw for tonight! Thanks! Hope you're having a great week! Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry I'm so late this week. LOL I'll turn around and be back here tomorrow I'm so late! Sounds like you've been plenty busy. Sorry to hear about your washer, but what a great find on the new one. Hope you are having a GREAT weekend.

    ReplyDelete