Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Run the Bluegrass~The Mom Post!

 
Run the Bluegrass Half Marathon known as one of the prettiest half around (and one of the hilliest), this year there were 4000 runner/walkers from 43 states ~WOW~ and 6 foreign countries!
Remember when I found my own at the Shamrock shuffle, a measly 2000 or so runners? So what's 2000 extra. That's right this runner mom finds her own even in a crowd of 4000, I'm just awesome like that, LOL!! I do Love my Baby Girl and SIL~Gerard.
 
 
Bobbie in pink
 

Gerard getting ready to hand off his red jacket, told him he wouldn't need it...LOL
 
 
 
Here we are before the race,
Earlier this year he told me that he Loved me and liked me too. That probably doesn't sound like much to all of you but for this Mom it was the best thing he could have told me. You see I always knew he Loved me, (I Love him more). But I have this thing....I love a lot of people but some I truly Do Not like! This is a phrase that Bobbie has grown up with (and understands) as well as the grandkids, it makes since to us.
As I said with my first post Gerard hurt his knee during one of their training runs and even though he had taken it easy till race day it was still bothering him. This was his first half marathon so I'm explaining to him its an automatic PR, trying my best to convince him to not push yourself and risk injuring your knee....in one ear and out the other....He's soooo competitive! That didn't stop me from doing the mom worry.....dang kids!! I was so relieved when I seen those white gloves coming down towards the finish line, and so PROUD! That's not just my daughter's husband, not just my SIL and I truely Like him and Love him.
 
With my heart beating,
and a tear in my eye,
I'm the proud 'mom' to this Boy!
 
 
arunnersmom~that's what I am!


 
 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to your SIL and daughter! That was a TOUGH course! And I'm sure you are a proud momma! :)

    ReplyDelete